• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Hello from Orange County

ChrisFromOC

Putting on skis
Skier
I've been lurking on the site for a bit but wanted to introduce myself. Longtime snowboarder making the switch to skiing, looking forward to (hopefully picking it up quickly. I spend most of my trips following my kids (three teenage girls) around and trying to remember I'm closer to 50 then 20. Looking forward to participating in many of the great discussions on the site.

Chris

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Hi Chris, lots of happy people here without attitudes ... well, maybe better said as healthy attitudes!

learned lots (and forgot even more) on Pugski ogsmile

TS
ChrisFromOC

ChrisFromOC

Putting on skis
Skier
Hi Chris, lots of happy people here without attitudes ... well, maybe better said as healthy attitudes!

learned lots (and forgot even more) on Pugski ogsmile

Thanks, that's what I've been finding out from spending some time on this and some other sites. Answers here seem to be either helpful or sarcastic, both of which are great. Others seem to have people who like to spend time point out inconsistencies in somone's post or questions, etc., and it sort of boggles my mind that someone would make that much effort to belittle another person who is just asking a question or making an observation. In particular there was a recent thread on cost of skiing, which is obviously a concern at some point for everyone, and some of the responses that I saw on the thread seemed way out of line to me.

Sponsor

Staff online