• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Want To Buy Harb Carvers

twomartinis

He who makes no mistakes makes no progress ~T.R.
Skier
Looking for a set of Harb Carvers for strength training. Had a nasty spill last season and mashed up my hip - some pre-season dry land skating would be great; and I live close to a rail trail to boot!
Hoping one of us has a set collecting dust in a closet...

PM me

Last edited:

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Also curious here. How are Harb Carvers better than skates, either trucked or inline?

Inline skates lose grip when put on edge. It's inherent to the geometry of the wheels. With trucked skates, it's a bit more complex, but there isn't a distinct edging feel.

Harb Carvers (sort of) fix that by having two inline-profile wheelsets per skate, with what in a car would be called 'negative camber'.

That said, if one just wants to get a hip/leg/balance/cardio workout, without specifically mimicking snow ski feel, any old set of skates will do.

TS
twomartinis

twomartinis

He who makes no mistakes makes no progress ~T.R.
Skier
Yeah, I was never a roller blader; but what intrigues me is wearing the boots! Particularly in my situation, I can mess around with my zipfits and maintain broken in status...

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Eh, its not win win; first your boots will feel 20-40 flex softer than normal, second your feet are going to feel like boiled lobsters, third the Zipfits will smell like rock shoes/hockey gear.

I do respect your thread and wish you luck. I reckon we're in the last 60 days of top skating season , don't miss it!

Sponsor

Staff online