• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

FS: Black 2011 Ducati Monster 696

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
It's a *garage* sale, right?

Very low mileage - 1.1k miles.

It's in Longmont, Colorado. I just don't ride it enough (see above mileage). It sure is purty, though.

20170422_122615.jpg 20170422_122620.jpg 20170422_122628.jpg 20170422_122703.jpg

TS
Monique

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Oh, right! Looking for around $5500.

TS
Monique

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Now that is a good looking bike! Unfortunately, I have to stay away form motor sickles. Gets painful when you find the limits...:(....as I am always wont to do..

Yeah ... I realized that I have never ridden enough to be safe, and that I damn well knew it, which is why I got butterflies in my stomach every time I decided to ride it. So, better to stop before I find my limits.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Stunning bike, wow.

TS
Monique

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
I have just been informed, with a raised eyebrow no less, that I'm not allowed to entertain *any* thoughts in this direction.

*dislike!!*

Too slow for me but a lovely bike! :) Love the Duc wall'o'noise..

Yeah, husband complains of same. He has an older CBR600RR. His motorcycle sounds like a hair dryer, if you ask me!

TS
Monique

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
I suppose you're going to say it was only ridden by a little lady on Sundays :P

Well, sorta, it was! I definitely ride like a little old lady.

Mickey

Booting up
Skier
I just sold a Monster, too. It broke my heart a little, but like you, I wasn't riding enough to justify keeping it. (I won't litter your thread with photos ... even though I really want to! ogsmile )

Good luck!
:beercheer:

BS Slarver

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Swap the 6 in the 696 to a 9 as in 996 and add R and I'd be all over it.... that's a bike !
couldn't find the drool emoji.

Bike season is right around the corner, don't think you'll have any problem getting her gone.
Good luck with the sale, ultimately this will facilitate room to enlarge the ski and bike quivers ~ yes ?

On 2nd thought it might be cheaper just to keep it :D

TS
Monique

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Swap the 6 in the 696 to a 9 as in 996 and add R and I'd be all over it.... that's a bike !
couldn't find the drool emoji.

Bike season is right around the corner, don't think you'll have any problem getting her gone.
Good luck with the sale, ultimately this will facilitate room to enlarge the ski and bike quivers ~ yes ?

On 2nd thought it might be cheaper just to keep it :D

Honestly, I realized that I was more intimidated than enthused by the bike, and that I was never going to ride it enough to change that or to be a safe rider. I decided to sell it before I found that out the hard way.

Also I have sold a road bike, plan to sell the Ducati and my downhill rig - which in combination should just about total up to the price of my new mountain bike ;-) I'd originaly thought to sell my XC bike, but I think I'm going to keep it for when I ride with my friends who, for reasons I do not understand, enjoy fire road type climbs. (Just get a road bike??)

I bought two new pairs of skis last season, and at this point I feel like my ski quiver is pretty solid. But I've felt that way before ...

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Ahhhh....if I lived in CO, I'd be there with a check in hand!

I used to own and ride an SS750.....yeah, yeah, yeah, say those Ducati afficionados....it's not the bike with the cool-sounding dry clutch. But it WAS cool and fun to ride.

However, I always yearned for the Monster and her more muscular profile and upright riding position. But it's not to be here in PA with stupid impatient car drivers.....it will have to wait until we retire West.

TS
Monique

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Phew! Bike is sold. Sad, but there's no point in keeping such a beautiful steed when you don't ride it. The buyer seems like he'll ride it plenty.

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
Call it what you want, but Italian design is just plain old sexthy. :)

Sponsor

Staff online

• Philpug
    Notorious P.U.G.
  • Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
  • Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid