• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Find my pants

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
You're running into an interesting USAian interpretation of the word 'purple'. Most people here don't use 'purple' to describe the Baltimore Ravens uniform.
What do you call that color?

Also the one used in the Wimbledon Tennis besides white and green.

Dark violet? Light eggplant?

Last edited:

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
LOL, yep, but what does that have to do with Americans’ perceptions of the color purple?

Just the perceptions of the average NFL viewer - and whether they're willing to make the distinction required to lump the Ravens with the Vikings (purple) or with the Rams in deep blue.

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Just the perceptions of the average NFL viewer - and whether they're willing to make the distinction required to lump the Ravens with the Vikings (purple) or with the Rams in deep blue.
Since I’m a soccer fan (Premier League) all the NFL stuff goes right over my head.
:duck:

DebbieSue

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
With all due respect madam, this colour comes awfully close to brown, and brown should be officially banned on everything except for leather jackets and shoes. And its wearers on the slopes or in any other sport should be beaten.

Did you hear that AG2R Citroen?
Well, I just bought these mittens . . . are they banned? Or does the ban apply only to jacket and pants?
Tant pis!! I'm wearing them anyway. The colors are officially "Natural/Rye"
I think the Natural leather is truly ochre, more in the yellow family, with the Rye fabric going to green.
And what about skis? I LOVED my Strato 105 Jr. Race skis (definitely brown), back when I was a mademoiselle.
With all due respect sir, you are being too dogmatic.
1661560656326.png

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Since I’m a soccer fan (Premier League) all the NFL stuff goes right over my head.
:duck:

My appreciation and respect for this lady right here knows no boundaries!
It could only be better if you used the proper name of the sport, which is football, but since this was directed to a fellow American, I can understand :ogbiggrin:
Which team if I might ask or you are just a fan of the beautiful game?

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Well, I just bought these mittens . . . are they banned? Or does the ban apply only to jacket and pants?
Tant pis!! I'm wearing them anyway. The colors are officially "Natural/Rye"
I think the Natural leather is truly ochre, more in the yellow family, with the Rye fabric going to green.
And what about skis? I LOVED my Strato 105 Jr. Race skis (definitely brown), back when I was a mademoiselle.
With all due respect sir, you are being too dogmatic.
View attachment 176525

No, these are fine. They have enough of the beautiful yellow in them to get a pass. It is ochre in my eyes, no worries.

And brown skis? That’s easier, you can always say you picked them to match your furniture when not in use and get away with it:ogbiggrin:

Last edited:

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
My appreciation and respect for this lady right here knows no boundaries!
It could only be better if you used the proper name of the sport, which is football, but since this was directed to a fellow American, I can understand :ogbiggrin:
Which team if I might ask or you are just a fan of the beautiful game?
PROPER (Not Americanogwink) football teams I like: Liverpool, Chelsea. I like to watch Man City right now because they’re so good. I like to watch any European football match, honestly.
I have NO IDEA about American football, LOL.

Sponsor

Staff online