• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Concerts you’ve attended list...

Gary Stolt

Mr. Style
Team Gathermeister
Going way back.
1) Simon and Garfunkel in minneapolis.
2) the carpenters in Seattle.
3) john denver in mankato mn when he was the undercarriage to Friend and Lover.
4) Vince gill in Franklin, KY up close and personal
5) carlene Carter in Franklin.
6) wispering bill Anderson in Franklin, tn.
7) the KY orchestra playing Simon and Garfunkel- great, great concert.
8) Everly brothers (remake) in franklin, TN. They were better than original Everly bros.
9) Kingston trio - original trio.
10) Celine dion in Nashville.
There are more that this feeble mind can't recall right now.

Rainbow Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Going way back.
1) Simon and Garfunkel in minneapolis.
2) the carpenters in Seattle.
3) john denver in mankato mn when he was the undercarriage to Friend and Lover.
4) Vince gill in Franklin, KY up close and personal
5) carlene Carter in Franklin.
6) wispering bill Anderson in Franklin, tn.
7) the KY orchestra playing Simon and Garfunkel- great, great concert.
8) Everly brothers (remake) in franklin, TN. They were better than original Everly bros.
9) Kingston trio - original trio.
10) Celine dion in Nashville.
There are more that this feeble mind can't recall right now.
Would love to see your top 3 myself! Recently been eyeing James Taylor’s tour but seems $$$. I’ll stick to the operas for a small fraction. :roflmao:

Memorable ones for me:
Heart
Leonard Cohen
Tina Turner
Bob Dylan
Joan Baez
Ray Charles
Ben E King
Harry Belafonte
Eartha Kitt
Sarah Gazerek
Somi

Joshua Bell
Gil Shahan
Ann-Sophie Mutter
Midori
Isabella Faust
Yo-Yo Ma

BSO
Tanglewood
BBC the Prom
Hollywood Bowl
Disney Concert Hall
Dorothy Chandler’s Pavillion
Bumbershoot
Opera houses of Budapest, Bordeaux, Paris, Vienna, the Met, San Francisco, and Santa Fe.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Poked around and didn't see a thread for this.. Went to see Chicago at the local Performing Arts Center last night. Excellent!

1695999266433.png

Here's a sample from last night via my S22

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
rawImage.jpg

Starting today and this weekend Sept 29,30, Oct 1, is the annual 2023 Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival in Golden Gate Park. The largest free outdoor music festival in the nation with 70 bands over 3 days on 7 stages 11am>7pm within grassy meadows in the forested hilly park that is slightly larger than Central Park in NYC, at 1013 acres.

Last fall in 2022 an estimated 500,000 people attended over the 3 days with maybe 100,000 Friday, 175,000 Saturday, and 225,000 Sunday. The above picture is just the crowd at one of the stage areas. Being free, it is ideal for making short notice plans. In fact, any members herein from around the planet, given transportation, could attend too. I'll attend Saturday, a 50 mile drive north, and likely Sunday too. And note, there are plenty of places on forested slopes above the meadows to avoid crowds. This guy will be enjoying too much dancing in any open areas.

It is free due to being financed by a wealthy venture capitalist, Warren Hellman's, foundation. Although most performers are blue grass or folk musicians, other genres include punk, world music, New Orleans funk, rock and soul. With 7 stages playing music, it requires a plan looking at each day's schedule and map to figure how to move around that large area to watch bands of interest.

Not only does one need a map for the music but also a map for the 32 scattered food truck vendors with a huge variety of choices. Although no alcohol is sold, festival goers may bring in beer or wine in plastic bottles or cans. Actually a whole lot of them won't be drinking alcohol as a haze rises above the meadows that is not the famous San Francisco fog. And that munchie crowd will keep food vendors very busy. Heck, 7 of them sell ice cream, chocolate, and other sweets.

Festival schedule with links to group videos:

Returning regular guests at the festival include legendary vocalist and annual HSB closer Emmylou Harris, political firebrand Steve Earle, Texas tunesmith Jimmie Dale Gilmore (performing with his son Colin's new band, the West Texas Exiles), roots music icon Dave Alvin (the Blasters, X) bringing the stage debut of his psychedelic improv project Third Mind with fellow six-string great David Immergluck (the Counting Crows, John Hiatt, Camper Van Beethoven, Monks of Doom) and Camper/Monks of Doom bassist Victor Krummenacher, guitar wizard Buddy Miller presenting his annual Cavalcade of Stars on the Rooster stage.

Perennial bluegrass traditionalists Dry Branch Fire Squad, Laurie Lewis and her band the Right Hands, and singer-songwriter Peter Rowan as well as noted U.K. songwriter Jon Langford, who takes the stage with the Bright Shiners, a new band that includes Shiny Ribs vocalist/keyboard player Alice Spencer, Mekons fiddler Tamineh Gueramy and Lost Soul guitarist John Szymanski. Other returning artists include Bay Area songwriting favorite Chuck Prophet and his band the Mission Express, dobro master Jerry Douglas and soulful gospel-meets-folk singer Valerie June.

This year, Hardly Strictly Bluegrass will offer up sets from a stunningly diverse range of acts, spanning the sonic spectrum from Oakland-based psychedelic Afrobeat band Orchestra Gold, funky blues prodigy Christone "Kingfish" Ingram, and legendary soul and blues belters Bettye LaVette and Irma Thomas to notable Americana/roots acts like Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit and Dustbowl Revival, legendary singer-songwriter Rickie Lee Jones (who reads from her autobiography "Last Chance Texaco" at the Horseshow Hill Stage Friday afternoon and performs on the Banjo Stage Saturday) and Australian acoustic guitar virtuoso Tommy Emmanuel to indie-rock favorites Kurt Vile and the Violators, M. Ward and Vetiver, neo-disco dance band Say She She and pop piano maestro Rufus Wainwright.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Raleigh BGF has always been a pretty big deal Apparently after this year they are moving it elsewhere. Many of my local BG fans are bummed about that.

Michael Kane

Kano
Skier
Im heading to Blackberry Smoke tonight, then Brian Setzer next week and DKM's the week after. A good month I would say.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Poked around and didn't see a thread for this.. Went to see Chicago at the local Performing Arts Center last night. Excellent!

View attachment 212008

Here's a sample from last night via my S22
We saw them a few years ago. That horn section is still tight!

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
We are live music lovers or lovers of live music.

Last week we saw The Australian Pink Floyd on Thursday night (great laser and video, plus giant blow-up roo) and Oteil Burbridge and Friends Saturday night. Helps that we live a mile away from Port Chester's Capitol Theatre. Have tix for Billy and the Kids there October 20.

Went to Jazz Fest in NOLA end of April.

Rhythm and Roots Fest in RI Labor Day weekend.

A small 1-day bluegrass fest on the shore of Lake George, NY weekend before last.

Went to see the jam grass band Leftover Salmon when we skied at Jackson Hole last Feb. They were on their "ski Tour". My favorite song of there's - "It's a Powder Day!"

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I would have guessed you have a Victrola and a bunch of wax cylinders. :duck:
...I'd have guessed he's more the old JBL Hartsfield, Marantz 9, Technics SP-10 MK3, Day Sequerra FM Reference and new Lampizator Pacific DAC type;)

TS
4ster

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
I did start a “concerts you’ve attended” thread a couple years ago:

Here are some photos I took at a few concerts over the past decade. These are all taken with my phone. Somehow I seem to mange always getting up close…
IMG_0548_Original.jpeg IMG_2374.jpeg IMG_1380.jpeg IMG_0964.jpeg IMG_3949.jpeg IMG_1778.jpeg IMG_1407.jpeg IMG_1384.jpeg

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I did start a “concerts you’ve attended” thread a couple years ago:

Here are some photos I took at a few concerts over the past decade. These are all taken with my phone. Somehow I seem to mange always getting up close…
View attachment 212035 View attachment 212036 View attachment 212037 View attachment 212038 View attachment 212039 View attachment 212040 View attachment 212041 View attachment 212042
Cool. Might have posted there.. But a list of concert's us older folks have attended is definitely ridiculously long. This thread's more for stuff you're rearing up for or just saw..

TS
4ster

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Cool. Might have posted there.. But a list of concert's us older folks have attended is definitely ridiculously long. This thread's more for stuff you're rearing up for or just saw..
Sounds good to me! I still listen to the first Chicago Transit Authority album regularly!
Except for local bands, I haven’t been to a real concert since Covid :(

Sponsor

Staff online