• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Complain about Spring thread

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
It is that time of year again... It will be 95 here in PHX this Saturday and we lost two feet of base snow in the last two weeks at AZ Snowbowl. Even if it snows again, we are on our way to Summer.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Wicked warm all along the SW. Drove from NM to Los Angeles on i10 yesterday. 85-90F the whole way. Heck it was close to 90º still in Phoenix at 8pm.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
I'm in fierce denial. My season just started!

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
There is a tiny part of me enjoying the patio during the peak time of the day, while the skier who isn't done yet is annoyed that this is a sign of the end of the ski season.....although, we'll be skiing at Mammoth until the end of June.

Bill Clark

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
It's closing weekend here in the midwest at Cascade Mountain!

RachelV

I run TheSkiDiva.com and work at OpenSnow.
Ski Diva Tester
Glad you started this thread. We've had a crazy warm winter down in Boulder, and I was just saying yesterday evening as we walking to dinner in 70* weather that if it doesn't get cold again before it gets hot, I'm going to lose it.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Glad you started this thread. We've had a crazy warm winter down in Boulder, and I was just saying yesterday evening as we walking to dinner in 70* weather that if it doesn't get cold again before it gets hot, I'm going to lose it.

I have a lesson tomorrow to get back into challenging terrain - but it's supposed to get a little colder (read: refreeze) Sunday, so I'm thinking of heading back to Longmont afterward, cleaning my derailleur, and going on a ride to see if that fixes my chain skip.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
dont worry, my surgery is on the 30th so get yer' powda' boards ready for some deep days,,

This may simply counter-act me being back on the market!

JeffB

ODAT
Skier
Spring is good. Basketball tournament, Baseball Opening Day, the Masters, cycling, fishing, drinking by the pool, the giddy anticipation of Sundress Season. Not for me personally to wear, mind you. But hey, whatever you're into I guess.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
dont worry, my surgery is on the 30th so get yer' powda' boards ready for some deep days,,
Why, the sacrifices you are willing to make for us! [bowing in gratitude]

This may simply counter-act me being back on the market!
I see. So, you really don't care about the rest of us.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
I see. So, you really don't care about the rest of us.

Don't ask me to choose between you skiing and me skiing. You won't like the answer!

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
Fear not, this is the week winter returned to Colorado last year (I know because my facebook feed showed me). It is supposed to return next week, I think. Everyone change out their snow tires, quick!

Maybe 3 storms by end of month.

In the meantime...

IMG_4480.JPG

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
It's Mid-March. Happy St Patrick's Day, BTW. Weather in the PNW is about the same as it usually is, slightly warmer than a month ago, but not by much. After a warmer couple of days with wet snow/rain in lower slopes, it's back to business, some fresh snow, with the possibility of 4-8" expected at Stevens tonight. However the snow level will vary from 4800' down to 1500' in the next few days, so the snow could be wet or it could be awesomely awesome. We can often get snow in the mountains (the base at Stevens is 4061') through April.

So.....I don't hate spring....yet.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
I'm not sure if this belongs here, so - where do I complain that my husband is going to Iceland in a couple of weeks and has scheduled two days of heli skiing - and I can't go? (Well, won't go, not ready for it quite yet).

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Oh, jeez.

I don't think those conditions are guaranteed. Most footage looks like bulletproof mank.

I think the helicopter is already full, anyway.

Sponsor

Staff online