• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Can excess delta trigger foot numbness?

chris719

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
I'm not a bootfitter, but maybe it could? Never experienced it myself, but changing delta is going to effectively change your lower leg angle.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Is the same issue experienced on different skis/bindings?

chris719

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Is she more back seat with the 6mm delta? If the boots have some room, being back is going to push the foot forward in the boot. It's not impossible that causes it somehow. I can tell on some days if I am getting back too often because my big toe gets cold from being pressed against the shell.

TS
cantunamunch

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Is she more back seat with the 6mm delta? If the boots have some room, being back is going to push the foot forward in the boot. It's not impossible that causes it somehow. I can tell on some days if I am getting back too often because my big toe gets cold from being pressed against the shell.

Loosening the clog buckles seems to help . Not sure if that advances this notion or suppresses it.

Well thanks folks. I was trying to picture at least one mechanism so I don't feel like I'm just stabbing in the dark . I couldn't do A/B comparisons since numb feet tend to stay numb for a while. No instructor has said word one to her about body position in (those) boots - and this is a 109mm ski so she doesn't ski it as an all-rounder.

I suppose I could do one foot and not the other to confirm but that seems wasteful of destination skiing.

Dave Dodge

Putting on skis
Manufacturer
The tibial nerve goes under the ankle bone on the medial side of the foot. If it's getting hammered because of the L pads in the liner or the shape of the medial wall of the boot the result will be numbness or pins and needles in the forefoot. Remove the lower part of the L pad or grind the shell just below and slightly rearward of the medial malleolus (ankle bone). Of course this only applies is the she also has new boots.

Sponsor