• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Calling NE Skiers. Now is the time to Shop!

James

Out There
Instructor
People, the spring sales are on! This year it's amazing how much good stuff is left. The Killington area stores have lots of nice clothing. I can't remember seeing so many large, xl sizes in stock at 40-60 % off.
Skis too.
Here's one recent purchase:
image.jpg

In plastic, over 70% off. (Because it's a 192)
I can't beleve how much nice clothing is available though.
You want Strafe?, Fly Low, Dynafit, Rab, Phenix, Kjus, Mammut, Marmot, Millet, Nils, North Face, Spyder..All available at these Killington stores.

These stores have tons of stuff! All sales people have said this year was bad. You can see it in what's left.

I'd imagine the stores in Stowe are similar. Ludlow is but some have closed.

So...go ski at Killington or Stowe or Jay Peak and gear up for next year! Or take the bike and ride then shop. But it's winterish now. (Note Jay Peak is quite a distance from good shopping unlike Stowe or Kton)

Gear up for cheap and at the same time help these stores. Tell the SO it's your duty to go save money. Seriously, October and November comes and this stuff will be double the price. Plus you'll only have the White Ribbon of Death to ski on.

image.jpg

It's a win-win. Save the season and make next season. Go shop.

Last edited:
TS
James

James

Out There
Instructor
Well!
Guess what, 4 pairs of skis were purchased today by Pug Skiers!
All 40- 50% off or more.

I got:
image.jpg

Blizzard FIS SL 165.
I've never seen 165 Fis slaloms in stores at this time of year. Geez, now I need bindings. Will older Marker race fit?

Another ski, the Big Kahuna, the delicate slayer of open slopes, the Mac Daddy, the 2016 Stockli SR 95 183cm. It pains me it didn't come with me, but it went to a great home. ( Besides I've got the insane 192cm beef monster '15 version)
It shall be seen at Abasin in May.

image.jpg

Another ski soon to be seen at Abasin.
Volkl 100eight 157cm Lady's Powder Surfer. Very nice looking ski. Light! But with flexible power.
image.jpg

Finally, the Ultimate Classic.
Kastle MX 88, 178cm with K12 CTI Binding. Seperate Toe and Heel adjustment for binding position tweaking till you loose your mind.
Here's the rail.
image.jpg
image.jpg

There's still lot's of stuff!!
Kastle Mx88 in 168, 188. Fx95hp in 166. Fx94, 84, the 2nd gen. I think the 94 was 176 and maybe a 166. Can't remember the Fx84.

A beautiful Volkl Code S with motion rail binding and Uvo. 173cm. Goodness that was tempting. Very, very nice flex and a very good looking ski.

Volkl cheater gs skis eith Uvo. Blizzard Wrc cheaters, Blizzard Fis Gs skis.
Volkl Rtm86's in 167?-181 3 sizes in there. Rtm 81's 2 or 3 sizes to 181.
Cochise 193cm. Etc, etc.
All above at 50% off.

Call:
Northern Ski Works
(802) 422-9675
www.northernski.com

Lots of race and other skis at
Peak Performance
(802) 422-9447
www.peakskishop.com

Tons of Clothes, skis, snowboards and gear at:
Basin Ski Shop
(802) 422-3234
www.basinski.com

More Smorgasboard of Ski and Boards and clothes at Aspen East. The store with a VW Bug on the wall. Welded to the building frame.
Aspen East
(866) 422-3739 toll free
(802) 422-3739
http://www.aspeneast.com

More tele oriented, but had great clothing snd some very light skis. Plus a Head Maya 8 in a 170 that really looked beautiful. Would work for a light guy too. Was $199. (Might take less) Fischer Rangers, some Zero g's etc.

Terrible website, nothing on it really. But they've got nice clothes! Strafe, Fly Low, Mammut, Dynafit etc.

Base Camp Outfitters
802-775-0166
www.basecampvt.com

Last edited:

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Good deal finding FIS slaloms at this time of year! The Blizzard SL is one of the best - i was on it and Nordica for a couple of seasons and would still be with them if I hadn't secured a stash of selected Euro supplied Heads. And yes the older Marker 16/20 fits them. The plate takes both the Comp and the Xcell

TS
James

James

Out There
Instructor
Good deal finding FIS slaloms at this time of year! The Blizzard SL is one of the best - i was on it and Nordica for a couple of seasons and would still be with them if I hadn't secured a stash of selected Euro supplied Heads. And yes the older Marker 16/20 fits them. The plate takes both the Comp and the Xcell
Hah, great you have a special stash!
I know you never see a 165cm this time of year. Plenty of 155-58's.

I've followed all your slalom posts over the years. Thanks for putting it out. When to comes to FIS skis I go through the WDSSS process. What Did ScotsSkier Say?

Does that piston actually move in there? Hand flexing it's hard to see. I don't see the mount point line either. Do you go on the line wherever that is or have you shifted?

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Yes, the piston does actually move. If you take the plate off, you can also adjust the stiffness (but I have never bothered with this). The mount point depends on your boot size. I am a 284 BSL and, according to Marker, Should have the toe piece in the most rearward holes but I preferred it in the middle holes. Shoot me a PM with your email and i will send you the marker tech manual

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
I may have to head down and have a look. Stowe stores were pretty uninspiring although the sales are strong. I want a new coat and didn't see anything that demanded I buy it. Which store has Phenix?

TS
James

James

Out There
Instructor
I may have to head down and have a look. Stowe stores were pretty uninspiring although the sales are strong. I want a new coat and didn't see anything that demanded I buy it. Which store has Phenix?

Basin has Phenix, Kjus, Mountain Force (more expensive or equal to Kjus), Mammut, Arctyrex, Descente and more.
I tried on some Kjus and Phenix pants. Amazing the difference in what they call the same size.
Descente has some nice coats insulated. One of the more interesting cuff adjustments I've seen. But I would need a xxl and I got a Mammut.

Northern Ski Works has Kjus too. Don't remember Phenix

Peak Performance has Fly Low, Marmot, Scott, Arctyrex I think, maybe Rab. Plus a bunch of junior race skis. They actually do lots of business for summer race kids.

Can't remember if Aspen East has Phenix. They're on rte 100/4. Be sure to check out the small vintage rack near the door, not for sale. They have a Nava binding/boot system that is bizarre and interesting. From the late 80's? They let me try it on. @Philpug or @Bill Talbot would love that thing. Truly unique.

Base Camp Outfitters (on rte100/4 across from access rd), has Strafe, Fly Low, Mammut, (lots), Marmot, some Rab, Dynafit (didn't even know they made clothes but they're in it big time), and others. Be sure to look in the basement before deciding or leaving.

Last edited:

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
You bought them because they're pink. Admit it.
Duh.
@James said yesterday, and I quote, "There are some cute, pink skis here that have you written all over them". How could I resist?

Yo Momma

Making fresh tracks
Skier
If you're up at Jay head an hour or so across the border into Canada for amazing deals. Stop at any malls you see along the highway. The ski shops at the malls at Broussard (a virtual Mall City) outside Montreal, are chocked full of gear and slashed prices bec of the blow-out season this year. Then add to that .76 US on the Canadian dollar and you have deals like this: GF and I bought back country boots.......hers: Atomics.... mine: Salomon Quest Pro's..... walked out for total of $270 US dollars for BOTH boots........... that's right ........... I felt guilty and wanted to leave a tip!!!!!!! LMAO

Just assure that you prepare your gear "Properly" for the border crossing.............

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
IMG_0796.JPG IMG_0797.JPG
A couple of deals at Gorsuch in Aspen. Also, Monster 88's $299 (163 and 184 only)

TS
James

James

Out There
Instructor
If you're up at Jay head an hour or so across the border into Canada for amazing deals. Stop at any malls you see along the highway. The ski shops at the malls at Broussard (a virtual Mall City) outside Montreal, are chocked full of gear and slashed prices bec of the blow-out season this year. Then add to that .76 US on the Canadian dollar and you have deals like this: GF and I bought back country boots.......hers: Atomics.... mine: Salomon Quest Pro's..... walked out for total of $270 US dollars for BOTH boots........... that's right ........... I felt guilty and wanted to leave a tip!!!!!!! LMAO

Just assure that you prepare your gear "Properly" for the border crossing.............
What's the declaring/duty law? Is one supposed to declare everything you just bought?
Oh, people, you need a passport to get over the border
Funny thing happened at the border last fall. Went to Niagara falls in Novemeber. (yeah to see them. Pretty cool btw) So, we get to the border, my friend is driving. The border guy asks something about working, what you do for work. My friend thought the gurard was asking if he was going to Canada to work. So he said "no". Well I guess the question was "Do you work?". Because the guy freaked out. "You don't work!!" he said. I think he was about to put the gate down, have us stripped searched and throw us out of Canada before we started using health care.

So, bring a passport and at least claim to have a job. Don't say you're "just skiing around the northeast. Looking for the snow." That's a red flag for pot smoking free loader who's going to cost us more than they spend.

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
You won't get your taxes back. We had a thread going on the Ski Diva's as one of them hit the pro shop at Mt Orford for some good deals.

Outlet mall at Bromont too for just clothes etc. Ski shops, watch out for Sport Experts....they are not! It's a box store.

Yo Momma

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Not sure what the laws are but we go to Canada via 91N all the time and just smile and tell them what you're up to. Just keep it mellow and smile a lot and you'll be fine getting in ........... it's getting back into the US that can be tricky sometimes. I usually stop at the Duty Free, pick up a couple of bottles of wine and when they ask if I bought anything, have your receipt ready and give them that + Passports, smile and be on your way..........

I was brought inside one time, it was actually kinda fun to see the process........ just keep a good attitude, follow instructions, smile and let them know you're not looking to resist in any way.............

Yo Momma

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Outlet mall at Bromont too for just clothes etc. Ski shops, watch out for Sport Experts....they are not! It's a box store.

Agreed ..........I think that is the mall we got our boots at.......... maybe even that same store! Know what you are looking for when you go in .......... you'll recognize the "Deals" when you see them!

Sponsor