• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Broken NNN-BC binding housing

Pequenita

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I know very little about my NNN-BC bindings other than how to get my boots in and out of them. I cracked the housing, I think. Is there an durable DIY fix for this, and if so, what and how?
85412743-9C3A-4CFE-9FC3-0D950076FA26.jpeg
2B56F8A2-EBAE-4B86-80DA-E69214DF5EF5.jpeg

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
That section of the binding is largely cosmetic - but by the same token it should not have cracked there. Makes me suspect the plastic. As in: what else will crack?

Sorry, I have no DIY fix other than replacement. And I would not take that^ binding or its mate on anything more than a 2-3 mile loop I could walk back from.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Good time of year to have noticed that, lots of bindings on sale right now.

Do you know how it might have happened? JSA? Airport gorillas?

SlideWright

aka Alpinord
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Supporter
I know very little about my NNN-BC bindings other than how to get my boots in and out of them. I cracked the housing, I think. Is there an durable DIY fix for this, and if so, what and how?
View attachment 230977 View attachment 230978
I just checked our BC_NNN auto bindings and it seems that may not be a structural concern but more of a seal concern. But not 100% sure. I’d epoxy it or even consider plastic welding and try it out. Seems like a waste tossing a binding that was in a ‘fender bender’ without trying a band aid or two first.

TS
Pequenita

Pequenita

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Do you know how it might have happened? JSA? Airport gorillas?
I didn't notice until taking the skis out of the car after a weekend of both alpine and xcbc. The possibilities are (1) I did something really weird while falling in powder while coming home one night (very unlikely - the damage, not the falling. the falling definitely happened.); (2) they got knocked over after I set them in an unheated mudroom with a hard floor; or (3) alpine skis were dropped on them while being "placed" in the car.

Also, I'm a 102lb bruiser.

If I go the diy route, I'm inclined to use a 2-part epoxy or something that doesn't get brittle in cold.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
If I go the diy route, I'm inclined to use a 2-part epoxy or something that doesn't get brittle in cold.

Okies. Let's just hope that cover is not Delrin/acetal - a syringe of 2-part epoxy that bonds that is more $$$ than a new set of bindings.

(amazing stuff btw but $$$)

If it's ABS, krazy glue will weld it just fine - the solvent will actually eat into the edges a bit.

TS
Pequenita

Pequenita

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Lol. And yeah, aqua seal or silicone make sense, too.

I've whatever epoxy I had used on another ski that was delaminating at the tail...

Sponsor

Staff online