• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Bode's Bomber Skis?

James

Out There
Instructor
IMHO, there are better skis at that price point. Stockli, Kastle, Renoun, Zai.
Zai? Are Bomber skis that much?
How about Wagner Custom? I've heard some good things and if you don't like the ski return it for a different one or your money.

One could go off the grid a little - Blossom, difficult to find in the US but Canada, or possibly Croc in the future. Bomber seems a dead end right now.

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
I have quite a bit of hands on Intel, including two days on them. Friends have been asked to ski them at length. Friends who have been asked to sell them. Some have tried. Some who are actually friends of Bode.

Pass. I have no dog in the hunt, no reason to couch words. I do not know a single person who would consider buying the ski.

So many great skis out there, as others have mentioned. And finding a pair to demo will become increasingly difficult, IMO.

BTW, I have a long history with Bode, and am a huge fan. His getting into this deal? Questionable, IMO.

IMHO, there are better skis at that price point. Stockli, Kastle, Renoun, Zai.

And there are better skis at half the price. All depends on Jay's wife's needs.

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider
The largest problem with skis is that they are derivatives of the blossoms - there has been no real R&D or changes to their shapes in a decade and a half.

TS
Started at 53

Started at 53

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Great info guys. We heard a lot of great things about them when we were in Italy. Obviously the reason I asked the qeastion was to get opinions on the ski. There is a Demo shop in Park City, she will most likely try them out a few days. They show All Mountain on their website for all but the non-race skis, I was wondering if they are top level frontside skis. She is really only interested in skiing groomers and the like. She can ski powder etc, but prefers the groomed slopes.

mikel

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Wish I had taken a pic but back in Jan there was an event at Winter Park and there was a young gentleman on Bombers. I didn't see him on the hill with them but he was in race garb and had them over his shoulder.

Last edited:

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
The largest problem with skis is that they are derivatives of the blossoms - there has been no real R&D or changes to their shapes in a decade and a half.

That sounds more like a feature than a bug. The problem is you could just buy some ten year old Blossoms or VISTs or whatever.

Sponsor

Staff online