• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Sold Blossom Numero Uno RC 176 with Vist 412 Speedlock Bindings

TS
W

waxloaf

Booting up
Skier
Unfortunately it won't work out with jyl as I don't believe these bindings work with GW soles (right?) - still available

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

jt10000

步步高升
Skier
Hmmmm, I took a pair of these skis that I got from @Premier Skis with Vist Speedlock Pro Superlight bindings last year to a shop to get them setup with my Gripwalk boots. The shop didn't mention any issues. I haven't skied them yet - bad snow early season and then a broken leg mid season. But I would assume (maybe a bad idea) that the shop would have mentioned a problem.

Very curious. The tech did make me sign a waiver, but he said it was because he was not certified for Vist, not any problems he saw.

EDIT: I just put boots in and out of of the skids/bindings of a ski with the Vist binding and also a ski with a Marker system binding marked GW. Both the same DIN.

Going in and out (releasing the binding by pushing down on the tail piece) felt exactly the same. If the Vists are not GW, would that be the case? Or is it only in a crash that an issue would appear?

Last edited:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

jt10000

步步高升
Skier
The regular AFD's can be modified to accommodate GripWalk and now Vist does offer a GripWalk AFD which is backwards compatible with this binding.
Do you know what would be signs if this modification had not been done? I had a ski shop tech set mine up for a GW boot. He said he was not certified for Vist (so I had to sign a waiver) but that the work looked straightforward. Reputable shop in Westchester, NY.

TS
W

waxloaf

Booting up
Skier
The regular AFD's can be modified to accommodate GripWalk and now Vist does offer a GripWalk AFD which is backwards compatible with this binding.
Super helpful, thank you Phil!

jyl

Getting on the lift
Skier
I’m looking for anyone that sells Vist binding parts in the US . . . not immediately turning one up, any pointers?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I’m looking for anyone that sells Vist binding parts in the US . . . not immediately turning one up, any pointers?
Nope. Ebay? What are you looking for?

Premier Skis

Distributor of Lusti skis
SkiTalk Sponsor
For those of you that have an interest, we will be getting in some replacement Alpine AFDs and have a decent supply of GripWalk AFDs for those that need them. We are also happy to report that we will be working with V-TEC, the spinoff from VIST that will be producing the Speedlock binding and the rest of the VIST binding line. Same manufacturing, same personnel, same quality. The bindings will be called XVST:

1710344858744.png

Mike

flbufl

Getting on the lift
Skier
For those of you that have an interest, we will be getting in some replacement Alpine AFDs and have a decent supply of GripWalk AFDs for those that need them. We are also happy to report that we will be working with V-TEC, the spinoff from VIST that will be producing the Speedlock binding and the rest of the VIST binding line. Same manufacturing, same personnel, same quality. The bindings will be called XVST:

View attachment 229460

Mike

Great! Anyway we can be notified when they are in stock? So am I right that you will still carry speedlock plates and bindings? I will need a new pair next season.

Sponsor

Staff online