• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

silverback

Talking a lot about less and less
Skier
I’m trying to help my son set his buddy up with some cheap used gear for the college ski club. If he gets either of these Attack 13AT and Marker Griffon, can he use gripwalk boots?

IMG_4468.jpeg
IMG_4464.jpeg

IMG_4469.jpeg

IMG_4467.jpeg

dx111

Booting up
Skier
Is the Look NX12 Dual WTR Konect (system binding on a Rossi Hero Elite ST Ti) compatible with GW soles when the arrowed screw in the toe piece is turned to point to WTR? (see photo)

1000007384.jpg

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Technically Yes and No. I've seen charts that say yes, and charts that say no. The only way to know for certain is to try. Speaking for myself, if I couldn't try, I wouldn't buy.

For what it's worth, I have Look Alpine/WTR bindings that don't work with a WTR sole.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Is the Look NX12 Dual WTR Konect (system binding on a Rossi Hero Elite ST Ti) compatible with GW soles when the arrowed screw in the toe piece is turned to point to WTR? (see photo)
It is with the screw turned to the ALPINE position.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Please tell me about the older Look PX forward pressure indicator. There is a window with a yellow stripe. How much yellow should show in the window? These babies don’t have the handy bsl plate markings for a guide, which I wouldn’t trust anyways.

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Not sure exactly what “older” model/year you are asking about…..but Look bindings that have the window/yellow indicator in the heel/ the correct forward pressure is 1/2 the indicator showing in window.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Not sure exactly what “older” model/year you are asking about…..but Look bindings that have the window/yellow indicator in the heel/ the correct forward pressure is 1/2 the indicator showing in window.
Thank you. Time for a new set as these stay yellow even at the extremes.

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Thank you. Time for a new set as these stay yellow even at the extremes.
Just to cover all the bases…only cuz I don’t know exactly/have a picture of said binding…

Is there a black line within the yellow indicator? If so, that black line should be in the center of the window. Just try/experiment with that…just to make sure.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Just to cover all the bases…only cuz I don’t know exactly/have a picture of said binding…

Is there a black line within the yellow indicator? If so, that black line should be in the center of the window. Just try/experiment with that…just to make sure.
Gotcha in which case I am in good shape. There are really only 3 clicks anyways; too tight, too loose, or in the middle. I will seek the proverbial $15 binding test.

freeskier1961

still aspiring
Skier
Have what I believe are 2012 Marker F Tour 12 bit of lime green basically black and silver. The have a height adjustable AFD.
I think prior to GW soles. Will they work with such?

Thanks

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Have what I believe are 2012 Marker F Tour 12 bit of lime green basically black and silver. The have a height adjustable AFD.
I think prior to GW soles. Will they work with such?

Thanks
If the AFD is flat, no.

silverback

Talking a lot about less and less
Skier
I bought Head/Tyrolia Freeflex ST 14x bindings with my Head e.speeds. It feels like there is more ramp angle than I want. Do they sell toe shim kits?

freeskier1961

still aspiring
Skier
If the AFD is flat, no.
error on my part
should be
2016 Marker F Tour 12 bit of lime green basically black and silver. The have a height adjustable AFD.
I think prior to GW soles. Will they work with such? AFD plate has slight bend downwards towards tail of ski
Business card test works where boot sole contacts AFD

Sponsor

Staff online