• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Beer

mikes781

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@Marker Heady Topper I’ve had and really like. Used to be tough to find around me but one store seems to always Cary it now. Haven’t seen the Focal Banger before.

If you like IPAs have you tried anything from Funk Brewery in Emmaus. I’ve only had it once but I really liked an IPA from Tired Hands in Ardmore. Can’t remember the name of it and always forget to stop by when I’m in the area.

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
@Marker Heady Topper I’ve had and really like. Used to be tough to find around me but one store seems to always Cary it now. Haven’t seen the Focal Banger before.

If you like IPAs have you tried anything from Funk Brewery in Emmaus. I’ve only had it once but I really liked an IPA from Tired Hands in Ardmore. Can’t remember the name of it and always forget to stop by when I’m in the area.
Alien Church? Tired Hands has a tasting room in downtown Kennett Square that serves it on tap and the rest in cans or bottles. KS also has a Victory microbrew pub plus several other small brewpubs and a beer garden. And just over the state line in DE is Dewpoint, which has some very tasty beers we like. We are blessed!

BTW, a friend and his son and son-in-laws do a beer bracket every year during their Outer Banks vacation, but it is almost always IPA centric. Last year Tired Hands Alien Church won with Fiddlehead in second place, ahead of Heady Topper. This year they are focusing on any style of pale ale with < 6 % alcohol. That puts a lot out of contention, but lets in some of my favorites like Conehead and Little Wolf from Zero Gravity.

mikes781

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Yep Alien Church was it. :thumb: Fiddlehead is another good one. I need to make a road trip to PA for beer at some point.:D

Sponsor