• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Anybody Have Experience With This Boot?

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
https://www.aspenskiandboard.com/pr...dium=remarketing&utm_campaign=Retargetapp.com

It is the Dalbello Avanti 120 IF.
It is right in my wheelhouse insofar as available sizes and stiffness.

Looks like a typical mid to upper range resort boot to me. Many boots like that are available it all depends on how it fits your foot. Unless you have weirdness in your feet you can estimate the size you need by 3 measurements of your feet: length, width and instep. In general you want boots narrower than your width and shorter than your length for a performance fit specially if you have a low instep. As a rule of thumb if you measure 27-28 in length look for a 26.5 size boot. Keep in mind you will need to go to a boot fitter to make it work best.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Call me crazy, but I think you're saying to buy your boots from your hopefully very competent local boot fitter.
No...You don't pick the boot...the boot picks you. ogwink

TS
Scotty I.

Scotty I.

I only care about the graphics
Skier
I have never skied a 130 flex boot. The most recent highest flex has been a 110. I thought that after having a knee replacement that I'd need a fairly soft flexing boot - turns out clearly not the case.
So two questions: 1) Can you tell if you are going to like a 130 flex just by trying them on in the store or 2) is it more advisable to move to a 120 and see if that is stiff enough.
Thanks

Lance

Booting up
Skier
I have never skied a 130 flex boot. The most recent highest flex has been a 110. I thought that after having a knee replacement that I'd need a fairly soft flexing boot - turns out clearly not the case.
So two questions: 1) Can you tell if you are going to like a 130 flex just by trying them on in the store or 2) is it more advisable to move to a 120 and see if that is stiff enough.
Thanks

I think you really need to try on multiple boots not just to find the right fit, but also to find the right flex. A flex rating is a helpful marker but what really matters is how the flex feels to you based on your size, shape, stance, skier type etc. A good boot fitter will factor all this information into his/her recommendation for you. Hope this helps.

TS
Scotty I.

Scotty I.

I only care about the graphics
Skier
I think you really need to try on multiple boots not just to find the right fit, but also to find the right flex. A flex rating is a helpful marker but what really matters is how the flex feels to you based on your size, shape, stance, skier type etc. A good boot fitter will factor all this information into his/her recommendation for you. Hope this helps.

Thanks Lance. I still wonder, if all other things are right (size, fit, etc.) can you flex the boots that you're trying on and say to yourself "Yah - these feel great."

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
a stiff flex might be softened but a soft flex not stiffened, however if not really having a good familiarity it would seem much guess work would be eliminated with a good boot fitter. unless one is certain of their own fit, feel, one may well need to go to a fitter anyhow, so why not just eliminate the guesswork?

Too, if a local fitter has the boot of interest, chances are if even a great price they're discounted for a reason and the fitter may not come far off the pricing considering the hands on and guidance.

how often does one really get a stranger to feel your foot? ogwink

Sponsor