• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Here is my contribution to the N170 thread (that is OLIN upside down). Some people make that mistake when reading the name on the ski.

Not the sharpest photo I've taken; I need a better photo wall in my office.

I got these skis new. IIRC, I skied them alpine before putting the tele bindings on them. They are a fun ski. Forgiving for telemark letting me skid turns easily and predictably. I don't recall their alpine characteristics but I wouldn't have mounted them tele if I hadn't liked them.

20170828_104206_Huckleberry Grn.jpg

da-cat

Hoarders Anonymous
Skier
Those Olin N17O's look awesome! I have a pair of 190 Catalyst, maybe similar, great alpine cruisers!

Here is Olin's Red Headed Step Child:
IMG_0368.PNG

Or.... did they save the best for last in the MARK Series?

da-cat

Hoarders Anonymous
Skier
I like the accompanying illustration with that article. Do you think it was supposed to represent a DNA strand model?

I heard about this information and how it applies to my OLIN Catalyst skis (made a few years after the skis mentioned above) - I was told mine are essentially K2 Fours....
I'm good with that; we all know how legendary the Fours were! (Bode Miller?).
Talk about some fun cruisers.. my 190 cm OLIN Catalysts go anywhere!
5.PNG

Kneale Brownson

Making fresh tracks forever on the other side
Instructor
Funny story: The concrete contractor for our addition to the house in Breckenridge was Olin Alexander, Debbie's brother. Their parents were ski instructors at Breck when Olin skis were introduced. They may have been Olin reps.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
With that thought in mind. There are some things in life we really like named after a ski brand too. :cool:

Kris77

Booting up
Skier
I recently picked up these minty fresh Olin Mark VI's. The triangular stickers are from the Naeba ski resort in Japan. Skis could not have been ridden more than once, there wasn't a fleck of tarnish or rust on the edges or bindings and the only top layer scratch was from storage.

olin01.jpg

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I recently picked up these minty fresh Olin Mark VI's. The triangular stickers are from the Naeba ski resort in Japan. Skis could not have been ridden more than once, there wasn't a fleck of tarnish or rust on the edges or bindings and the only top layer scratch was from storage.

View attachment 30346
And the period correct gold Salomon S555 Equipe. :thumb:

da-cat

Hoarders Anonymous
Skier
Kris77,
Skis skis on your wall,
Who is the most flexible of them all?
Those MARK Vl's look remarkable!
S555 Equipe meant business back in the day, you know? Top of the line..
I don't think too many pairs of Green Vl's remain floating around out there (or later Bond versions either) and I lucked out and found a pair of Greens too, 180cm.
So, I ask for your confirmation....
Please grab them from the tip and test the flex forward of the front bindings,
Squish the tails and test the flex behind the rear bindings.
Are these Powder skis?
Thanks for your test results!

Kris77

Booting up
Skier
Kris77,
Skis skis on your wall,
Who is the most flexible of them all?
Those MARK Vl's look remarkable!
S555 Equipe meant business back in the day, you know? Top of the line..
I don't think too many pairs of Green Vl's remain floating around out there (or later Bond versions either) and I lucked out and found a pair of Greens too, 180cm.
So, I ask for your confirmation....
Please grab them from the tip and test the flex forward of the front bindings,
Squish the tails and test the flex behind the rear bindings.
Are these Powder skis?
Thanks for your test results!

IIRC they are slalom skis. Will give em a flex tomorrow. :). As for that wall and flex, probably the Hart express. :)

da-cat

Hoarders Anonymous
Skier
Btw my Green Vl's are as soft as Butter.
I hope to take them for a spin someday.

The later Charcoal/lightgrey/red COMP SL Vl's (in my avatar), I call these the Bond skis, thank you Roger Moore, RIP, - now these are straight up Slalom skis from back in the day when 204cm was an actual Slalom ski length!
Not Giant Slalom, not Suoer G..but a standard length in regular Slalom and they have a flex pattern Ford adapted for the rear axle of their F350 Super Duty!

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Btw my Green Vl's are as soft as Butter.
I hope to take them for a spin someday.

The later Charcoal/lightgrey/red COMP SL Vl's (in my avatar), I call these the Bond skis, thank you Roger Moore, RIP, - now these are straight up Slalom skis from back in the day when 204cm was an actual Slalom ski length!
Not Giant Slalom, not Suoer G..but a standard length in regular Slalom and they have a flex pattern Ford adapted for the rear axle of their F350 Super Duty!
Yeah, that charcoal VI was a pretty beefy ski, that is for sure.

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Spotted while skiing the Midwest today ...and now for the scary part: Salomon 444 bindings. I had those when I was a kid!

F6AE5F11-37A4-44C6-AB30-5D399B2BB146.jpeg

Sponsor