• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

50-55" last week

Downtown

Putting on skis
Skier
Some major first world problems here...

I had to be in Phoenix most of last week, and was dying that I was missing Utah's epic late-April storm. I was so pumped up to hear that they hadn't opened the Peruvian Gulch or Mineral Basin yet and headed up Friday.

I screamed like my 9 year old daughter all the way down. I know some aren't fans of the POV vids, but hopefully this gives you a sense of how good it was.

TS
Downtown

Downtown

Putting on skis
Skier
^^^ Where at Snowbird? I don't recognize being in the trees but relatively open.

Oh, and really stoked for you !

That is High Baldy...and it was ridiculous. When you hit that slope right and have powder to the bottom, I'm not sure what other runs in the lower 48 are like it.

cosmoliu

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I've never been in that exact spot. In fact, I've only gone over to that side a couple of times. Hike up from the High Baldy Traverse? Drop into West Baldy? Fields of Glory?

TS
Downtown

Downtown

Putting on skis
Skier
I've never been in that exact spot. In fact, I've only gone over to that side a couple of times. Hike up from the High Baldy Traverse? Drop into West Baldy? Fields of Glory?

Further to the East toward Alta. Just about to the boundary...not quite. The fall line stays true like it does for Fields of Glory, but you can see that I keep moving to the right...to avoid some of the cliffs, but also to bring me on top of Blackjack so I can keep the line.

Scotty I.

I only care about the graphics
Skier
Me and probably a few thousand PS members are very envious of you right now. There's nothing like it in the world, is there.

TS
Downtown

Downtown

Putting on skis
Skier
Me and probably a few thousand PS members are very envious of you right now. There's nothing like it in the world, is there.

I hear you man...there really isn't. This was a special year and I didn't take it for granted.

Sponsor

Staff online