• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Individual Review 2025 Rossignol Arcade 84 Review

The Retired Skier

Getting on the lift
Skier
Me: Early 60s, 6'1" and 230 lbs, Advanced skier
Where tested: Big Sky, MT
Conditions tested in: Soft groomers after a 6" overnight snow, hard windblown groomers, skied off groomers with soft chop, side of run powder and tracked out powder, soft moguls.
Size: 176cm

Rossignol's Arcade series for 2025 is a direct replacement for the Rossignol Experience 82 and Experience 86 skis (both Ti and basalt versions) from 2024. We get construction changes here, most notably with a titanal beam underfoot sandwiched in between a poplar wood core with full length sidewalls. We also get Rossi's Line Control Technology (LCT) with a vertical ABS strip down the middle of the ski, V.A.S. vibration damping and Air Tip to reduce weight.

Accordingly, this new ski is quite a bit lighter than the Experience Ti versions (and their two full sheets of metal) it replaces although it does not possess the unlimited power or demanding nature of these skis. It is about as light as the Basalt versions while definitely being a smoother, quieter, more powerful ski.

Rossignol has shortened the turn radius about a meter in all sizes over the Experience models, but the sidecut and taper remain nearly the same. The big difference in skiing characteristics for me is that these new Arcade skis really want to adhere to that shorter turning radius, where the Experience skis will make almost any shape and length of turn. The tail on the Arcade also has a bit more splay that noticeably increases the ski's versatility in different types of snow conditions.

I found the Arcade 84 to be one of the easiest skis I've been on in variable snow conditions. It absolutely rails on fresh corduroy but was also great in soft chop, skied off piles and even a few inches of dry fluff. The ski likes to turn and prefers short-to-medium radius turns. I was able to find a speed limit with the ski (it was great up to 40 mph for me) but past that it started to get a bit skittish. I believe this has more to do with the ski not really liking to make the longer-radius turns that higher speed requires rather than construction, as this ski is smooth as silk and very quiet. I am a guy who likes to make wall-to-wall big turns on a run like Big Sky's Elk Park Ridge but this ski had me making shorter turns and using less real estate, but still having an absolute blast doing it!

The ski is also easy to turn in moguls with the softer, metal-less shovel and tail giving it a nice, forgiving ride while the titanal beam provides solid grip, quickness and responsiveness.

The Arcade 84 fits right between the Experience Ti and Basalt versions in terms of power and stability, It is easier to ski than both and considerably smoother than the Basalt while being more forgiving and versatile than the Ti. I enjoyed the ski very much and will more than likely pick up a pair to replace my Experience 82 Ti, as I should probably think about slowing down at my age and due to many previous injuries/repairs. It's turny nature makes it easy to have tons of fun without going mach speed and this is precisely what I need at this point in my skiing career.

Insider tip: Despite its narrow dimensions, this ski makes it easy to release the tails and slash or smear your way through 3D soft snow...much easier than the Experience skis it replaces.
One thing I would change: Nothing I can think of. A fantastic, narrow all-mountain ski that is more versatile than the current Experience while being easier to ski.
Interesting side note: Rossignol is also offering the Arcade 88, which has a single full-length titanal sheet rather than the 84's titanal beam, which only extends about 4" north and south of the mounting area.

Who is it for? Almost anyone. Intermediate to advanced to expert skiers who like to make turns all over the mountain and like to stick on-piste at least a fair amount of time.
Who is it not for? Expert skiers who like to make high-speed, GS-style turns on hard snow. There are race-style skis for that, or your current Experience Ti.
Skier ability:
  1. Intermediate
  2. Advanced
  3. Expert
Ski category
  1. All-Mountain
  2. Frontside
Ski attributes
  1. Groomers
  2. All-Mountain
  3. Moguls
Segment
  1. Men
  2. Women (comes in sizes down to 152cm)

Viking9

Out on the slopes
Skier
So I will be on this ski to start next year, retiring my 21 Experience 84 to the attic.
61 tall and thin and ski Mammoth.
I love how easy this ski is and have shelved the idea of the true front side ripper in the 60 Forza, just don’t need that much frontside performance anymore.
What I can’t really decide on is the binding; the tail of this ski to me is helping with soft snow performance while that same tail is weakening it’s truly hard snow performance .
In a normal 7 day storm cycle I would be on this ski for 5 of them.
I would say I’m leaning frontside help with the system binding for now,,,we’ll see ??

TS
T

The Retired Skier

Getting on the lift
Skier
So I will be on this ski to start next year, retiring my 21 Experience 84 to the attic.
61 tall and thin and ski Mammoth.
I love how easy this ski is and have shelved the idea of the true front side ripper in the 60 Forza, just don’t need that much frontside performance anymore.
What I can’t really decide on is the binding; the tail of this ski to me is helping with soft snow performance while that same tail is weakening it’s truly hard snow performance .
In a normal 7 day storm cycle I would be on this ski for 5 of them.
I would say I’m leaning frontside help with the system binding for now,,,we’ll see ??
You could always go with Protector if you want a system binding.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The Arcade 84 fits right between the Experience Ti and Basalt versions

Nice point (and great review in general)!

I love the 86ti, but what you said above would likely suit me to a T (though I'd go with the new 88).

The 86ti is versatile and unflappable at any speed I get it up to, but I enjoy my Mindbenders more, even though they are arguably "less" ski. They just want to have fun, while the 86tis have a more serious vibe.

TS
T

The Retired Skier

Getting on the lift
Skier

I love the 86ti, but what you said above would likely suit me to a T (though I'd go with the new 88).

The 86ti is versatile and unflappable at any speed I get it up to, but I enjoy my Mindbenders more, even though they are arguably "less" ski. They just want to have fun, while the 86tis have a more serious vibe.
I have since decided to go with a narrower, more carving-focused ski in the 72-78mm range. Accordingly, I much more inclined to go with the Arcade 88, as well, to help put a wee bit more more wiggle room between spots in the quiver.

LewyM

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

@Tom K. if you love the 86Ti, I wouldn't be so sure that you will love the new Rossi Arcade 88. I tried the new 88 at the Spree at Snoqualmie. I've demo'd the 86Ti twice (as recently as last weekend at Whistler). While the 86Ti is "quick" it is a very strong, damp ski and workable into a variety of turn shapes. It is very engaging, nice snow feel, and it has some versatility that makes it applicable in our venues on low snow days. Best Rossi I've tried in years.

The new 88 shortens the turn radius to 15M and it appears to bring back the flared tip and tail of the OG Rossi Exp88 basalt (black ski with green lettering - a favorite of many, just not for me). The ski is not over-powerful, but the shape dominates. You really feel it pull into the turns and pop out. Turn initiation is good, snow feel good (similar to the 86Ti but not quite as damp), but that 15M turn radius. . . . a bit over-caffeinated for my taste in an all mountain ski. And the tips and tails tend to burn in that one turn shape. I'd stick to the 86Ti for all mountain skiing Stevens/Crystal if you like it. . . personally, I prefer a turn radium more like 17-18M in this category, so this is a personal critique, not necessarily a broad slam on what Rossi has done.

If you liked the old Rossi experience (with the exaggerated tip and tail flare), and you enjoy snapping off short radius turns at low to medium speed, you might really like the new Arcade 88. But it doesn't really follow from, nor build on, the 86Ti in my opinion.

Ryan Perham

Putting on skis
Skier
@Tom K. if you love the 86Ti, I wouldn't be so sure that you will love the new Rossi Arcade 88. I tried the new 88 at the Spree at Snoqualmie. I've demo'd the 86Ti twice (as recently as last weekend at Whistler). While the 86Ti is "quick" it is a very strong, damp ski and workable into a variety of turn shapes. It is very engaging, nice snow feel, and it has some versatility that makes it applicable in our venues on low snow days. Best Rossi I've tried in years.

The new 88 shortens the turn radius to 15M and it appears to bring back the flared tip and tail of the OG Rossi Exp88 basalt (black ski with green lettering - a favorite of many, just not for me). The ski is not over-powerful, but the shape dominates. You really feel it pull into the turns and pop out. Turn initiation is good, snow feel good (similar to the 86Ti but not quite as damp), but that 15M turn radius. . . . a bit over-caffeinated for my taste in an all mountain ski. And the tips and tails tend to burn in that one turn shape. I'd stick to the 86Ti for all mountain skiing Stevens/Crystal if you like it. . . personally, I prefer a turn radium more like 17-18M in this category, so this is a personal critique, not necessarily a broad slam on what Rossi has done.

If you liked the old Rossi experience (with the exaggerated tip and tail flare), and you enjoy snapping off short radius turns at low to medium speed, you might really like the new Arcade 88. But it doesn't really follow from, nor build on, the 86Ti in my opinion.

How would you rate performance in moguls amongst the various incarnations?

LewyM

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
How would you rate performance in moguls amongst the various incarnations?
Hi @Ryan Perham , I assume you asking for my opinion here. To me, I'd prefer the 86Ti in the bumps (and for me, all other scenarios as well). That is because the shape is more natural. I prefer a less hooky, grabby ski in the bumps. That said, the Arcade 88 has a nice flex and it didn't seem overly "difficult" - so it could work for some in the bumps depending on preference and style.

The 86Ti is quite a bit stronger, seems stiffer and the tail is fairly serious, so I wouldn't say it is the greatest bump ski of all time. But where the bumps are soft or reasonably spaced out, I think it runs through them well. Larger firmer bumps, I think it is OK, not amazing. It seems like a good example of a "wide" front side ski in that its best venue to me was on groomed terrain, soft or chalky ungroomed terrain, open spaces, skiing fast. Excellent precision, power and grip. In terms of snow feel, it feels "expensive." I see it as a Stockli AR competitor, more than a Stormrider 88 competitor (just as an example using Ski Talk parlance). But that's just my take.

I think either would work for the right skier - I just think that the only real thing they share is the logo on the top sheet and some aspects of Rossi snow feel. I think it just depends a bit on what you want and like.

Last edited:

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Heads up that Blister has recently included the 88 in its piste-oriented testing, so we should have more to read and over-analyze soon! :ogbiggrin:

For me, I suspect that a lot of the perceived negatives noted above (tighter radius, softer flex) at least could be positives, as I age, and my knees force me to dial back the speed.

I've honestly been enjoying my Mindbender 88tis a lot more than my Experience 86tis this year for those kinds of reasons. They could, perhaps, use a wee bit more "suspension", but overall they put a bigger grin on my face -- I tell people that they are infused with a Special Secret Party Sauce.

TS
T

The Retired Skier

Getting on the lift
Skier
Heads up that Blister has recently included the 88 in its piste-oriented testing, so we should have more to read and over-analyze soon! :ogbiggrin:

For me, I suspect that a lot of the perceived negatives noted above (tighter radius, softer flex) at least could be positives, as I age, and my knees force me to dial back the speed.

I've honestly been enjoying my Mindbender 88tis a lot more than my Experience 86tis this year for those kinds of reasons. They could, perhaps, use a wee bit more "suspension", but overall they put a bigger grin on my face -- I tell people that they are infused with a Special Secret Party Sauce.

I actually did not perceive the tighter radius or slightly softer flex as negatives. These things combine with the different construction to make the Arcade 84 (the only one I've been on) both easier to ski and IMHO more fun than the current Experience 82 Ti (which I own) and Experience 86 Ti (which I have been on multiple times).

This Arcade 84 is also noticeably "more ski" than Experience 82 Basalt and 86 Basalt, and is much smoother, damp and more powerful while kicking up the versatility a notch.

With upcoming knee surgery, I am re-thinking my skiing and will be going narrower, lighter and "less-demanding" with future purchases. I still want good performance, however, and these Arcade skis (along with my next purchase, the Forza 70 V-Ti) have very high performance ceilings.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
(along with my next purchase, the Forza 70 V-Ti)

Boy these skis CALL to me.

Currently bottom-fishing for deals, but have not been impressed with prices so far (haven't looked this week).

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The Arcade reviews sound similar to the Blizzard Anomoly reviews, where the skiis get a bit easier / versatile. But does everyone want easier / versatile ? Nothing wrong with staying in your lane -> can’t make everyone happy.

As I have aged over the last few years, I am gravitating to a length shorter in skiis and a bit softer is OK too.

TS
T

The Retired Skier

Getting on the lift
Skier
The Arcade reviews sound similar to the Blizzard Anomoly reviews, where the skiis get a bit easier / versatile. But does everyone want easier / versatile ? Nothing wrong with staying in your lane -> can’t make everyone happy.

As I have aged over the last few years, I am gravitating to a length shorter in skiis and a bit softer is OK too.

I think the vast majority of skiers are better served by skis that are a bit "easier" to ski, but we all tend to gravitate toward top-of-the-line skis, since they are perceived as "the best" equipment. I'd say about 50% of the folks out there don't belong on an Experience 82 Ti or 86 Ti.

These Arcades do have a high performance ceiling, though. Great skis!

Sponsor

Staff online