• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2024 World Pro Tour - not exactly world

wolcoma

Getting on the lift
Skier
OK while I enjoy World Cup skiing to date I have managed to watch one race on Peacock and I don't exactly have the dedication to watch races live at 4:30 am. While Mikaela continues to break one record after another, most Americans have no idea. When the new World Pro ski tour came back around 2016 or 2017, I was excited and enjoyed watching the races. Meanwhile last season the pro tour was only 3-4 races long all concentrated in the Rockies, So not exactly a tour in my book. I actually reached out to the WPS a few years ago and they wanted a $300k commitment from the host ski area. $300K really??? I think the only way to bring pro ski racing back to the United States is to run smaller pro races with smaller purses, followed up with a one or two big purse races each year. Then organically grow the tour over time.

Anyway it's Christmas and Santa I would love to see pro ski racing coming back to the USA!

Sponsor

Staff online