• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

California/Nevada 2024 National Gathering Tahoe Live Trip Report

PupManS

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
For those who can make it up 50 and 28 - and I advise high clearance 4WD with legit snow tires (I have all 4 wheels chained on my truck for the first time in 4 years)-

DIAMOND PEAK IS OPEN AND GLORIOUS. Sun is out in Incline at times.

Patrol says upper mountain looks good to open today- probably lunch or later- but should open.

Dean

Lawn chair sledder extraordinaire
Skier
In true gathering fashion, the group mills about weighing options: possible doom to the left, possible doom to the right, the safety of a lodge back behind us. @Tony S has enough and goes left (on the run called Spooner 50-28). The others gape for a bit, shrug their shoulders and follow. So far so good...
1000011569.jpg

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I say you boot pack that down and then have The First Annual Shane McConkey Memorial Saucer Sled Challenge races tonight.

Don't forget to wax..

TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Great day at Alpine Meadows to start the Gathering a day late. Skied with a lot of folks and got about 16K, despite only the lower lifts of TLC and Roundhouse opening. The snow was nice, though variable in places. Hoping the rest of the week goes great!

Sponsor

Staff online