• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2024 Mid-Atlantic Gathering discussion

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Side bar: I've tentatively penciled-in a day trip to Massanutten on Friday, Jan 5, weather dependent, in case anyone wants to join me.
I can probably make that!

But now we've dragged this thread off topic. Let's move this kind of planning to the main Mid-A thread.

And leave this one for a Mid-A Gathering, if anyone has more to say on that.

jgiddyup

Asst. Gathermeister--Utah
Skier
If we do, the GTG turns into a skinny doughnut indeed.

The sub-3-hr drivers are coring out the middle by saying 'Maybe next Thursday week from now', the 5+ hour drivers are dropping off for any venue being too far.

I'm one of the 5+ hour drivers but it's also fairly easy for me to look at the weather 3 or 4 days beforhand and say I'm going up Sunday to ski mon/tue and make arrangements at work. I realize it's not that easy for many/most.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I can probably make that!

But now we've dragged this thread off topic. Let's move this kind of planning to the main Mid-A thread.

And leave this one for a Mid-A Gathering, if anyone has more to say on that.
Side bar: I've tentatively penciled-in a day trip to Massanutten on Friday, Jan 5, weather dependent, in case anyone wants to join me.

I'm probably free that day. Looks like 4 hours. I could be there around noon. Tempting.. Maybe 60% in

Last edited:

jgiddyup

Asst. Gathermeister--Utah
Skier
The wife and I are out on this one as we were able to swing a trip to Tahoe mid Jan for 6N/5D for only $300 more than a midweek Snowshoe 3N/2D trip. Hope to see some of you out west sometime this season.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I'm probably free that day. Looks like 4 hours. I could be there around noon. Tempting.. Maybe 60% in
Ya, going to Appy the 2nd or 3rd with the kid before he flies back to Oklahoma on the 4th. Not in the cards this time..

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Just saw this advertised on DCSki for a condo at Massanutten, VA. I have no affiliation or interest in this unit, but it could be a nice deal depending on the group and necessary sleeping specifics. I also won't be in VA to potentially participate. Massanutten is doing some aggressive snowmaking this year and has recently expanded trails and lift infrastructure. Just throwing it out as an FYI.:

We have a 2 bedroom, 2 bath condo that sleeps 8 and Very close to the slopes for rent from Saturday 2/24 to Saturday 3/2 . It is in mountainside villas and has a Sauna and huge Jacuzzi tub in the unit . We have 2 units that week but only need one this year . These are nice very spacious units and will easily sleep 8 or more . $750 or best offer . No cleaning fees or add on costs. We are an owner. My e-mail is [email protected] if you’re interested. Thanks and happy skiing!

Sponsor

Staff online