• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

California/Nevada 2023-2024 Tahoe Ski Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

SpeedyKevin

Out on the slopes
Skier
Fantastic conditions this morning at Mt. Rose. Skied 9-10am on Slide side and just as it softened, moved to Rose side till 11:15 am. The snow surface was perfect. 33°F to start and didn't warm up at all.

Looks good! Was hoping to make it out for closing day, but looks like we are calling it an early weekend. Ashley had a pretty bad tumble down red dog this morning :(

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk will be tailgating on the ROSE side for closing day, LOT 3. Look for the flag. We will NOT be grilling but will have finger food and beverages.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk will be tailgating on the ROSE side for closing day, LOT 3. Look for the flag. We will NOT be grilling but will have finger food and beverages.

You can come and tailgate and hang out.

Tailgate time in Parking Lot 3!
Look for the SkiTalk Flags

oldfashoned

Out on the slopes
Skier
Skied Alpine/OV today. Started at OV Lakeview and Red Dog and both were very icy. So I jumped on the B2B and headed straight to High T and Big Bend Bowl. In hindsight I should have just did High T first thing. First 1/3 of BBB was great, next 1/3 not quite mank but concerning enough to want out asap. The cat track back to Sherwood lift was still in good shap. One and done for Sherwood.
IMG_8627.jpeg
IMG_8628.jpeg
Headed to ABC via Our Father with some nice soft snow and a little ice on the back sides of the moguls. Hiked to upper saddle and down Keyhole 3. That was loaded up with soft snow and was the second best run of the day. Did D6 next followed that up with North Peril both decent. Took Waterfall to exit and that was one of the most interesting runs of the season: Deli platter of snow types. Soft heavy pow, ice, corn, slush, take your pick. Oh, the groomers were very nice corn early on.
Back into the B2B and over to Solitude. Very nice soft snow. A few runs down the lift line and then over to Granite. Run of the day was the line starting at the Corkscrew gate and going to the other side of the grove of trees on “Brake it out”. Loaded up with soft snow. Another lap of the Arete and then back to Solitude for some butter and mash potatoes laps. To juice up the numbers I took a very leisurely last run down the Mountain Run, dreading the crazy straight liners.

IMG_8630.jpeg
IMG_8631.jpeg
Oh, there were a few golfers at Alpine today…
IMG_8625.jpeg

Tony

tseeb
Skier
Skied Alpine/OV today. Started at OV Lakeview and Red Dog and both were very icy. So I jumped on the B2B

I may not have been too far behind you as I loaded Red Dog about 905 and skied Lakeview that I thought was good as top and a little firm on last two corners. Red Dog side and anything W-facing must have had a lot of melt in Fri PM sun then froze hard overnight.

I went to top early skiing Saddle on KT, Headwall and Siberia where line grew fast so I took Big Blue to Shirley and rode Granite twice, first skiing then dropping off cornice into. I also skied one run in Solitude before starting down. I wanted to ride Headwall but it had an extended stop so I rode KT and skied Olympic Lady.

I went to SUV parked so close to Red Dog that I went past it, then swapped jacket for vest and grabbed sandwich and beer for gondola to Alpine.
IMG_8960.jpeg
I also ran into Snow Golf and rode and skied ABC four times as it’s been a long time since I’ve seen it running. I moved back to OV and skied some of West Face into Chute 75 where I exited to left and got to Headwall and skied North Bowl. I did one more Siberia and Headwall (where I spotted @Unpiste on Mountain Run), getting back to SUV after 4.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Last day at Rose. 20240428_071805.jpg 20240428_071822.jpg

Sponsor

Staff online