• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New England 2023-2024 Northeast Ski Resorts/Conditions/Meetups Thread

JCF

Out on the slopes
Skier
I will say.. I started at Aurora and Jordan while those who started at Barker gave me reports of not so fun icy conditions until things warmed up closer to midday. I got back from Oz heading over to Spruce by 12:30 and then headed over to Barker and White Cap.. at that point everything I hit was fantastic along the way. I somehow accidentally missed ice or anything firm whatsoever today, whereas that was apparently not the case on some peaks early on for others.

Thank you guardian snow angels on my shoulder today I guess. :huh: :roflmao:

that’s kind of the way it went Thursday/Friday - but sounds even better
With BUMPS !!!!

zircon

Out on the slopes
Skier
Loon was surprisingly good today. Went with low expectations after deciding to sleep an extra half hour instead of hitting Stratton. Spring conditions—follow the limited sun in the morning, try to find shade in the afternoon. Best snow was on the top part of Angel Street. For whatever reason they didn’t open North Peak from the top until 1pm, but that was lovely once they did. Word on the street is they’ll be making snow again this week.

IMG_3298.jpeg
Widely spaced mashed potato-y bumps on Upper Walking Boss. Thoughts & prayers for the guys I shared a chair with who said they were going there because Flume looked moguled.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Just came in.. the snow was fabulous today!! Groomers and bumps alike. Carumba was fun, Oz was super fun (Lost Princess and Eureka), Downdraft was great, Top Gun this afternoon was REALLY good! Also very quiet in terms of crowds and more sun than expected. Pleasantly surprised.

View attachment 229862
Obviously made a mistake with my decision to make Saturday chore day and Sunday ski day.

James

Out There
Instructor
IMG_1990.jpeg
Fog high up cleared in afternoon. Snow was good spring. Mostly. At the bottom, the season’s getting late early.

MissySki

Rogue Assassin of Bad Puns.
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Quite sticky today at Sunday River, still fun but wow what a difference a day makes. The mountain was totally dead today which was a big perk.

Wannabeskibum

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Killington was foggy yesterday morning, then clouds, but the snow was great -- a little crispy to start the day at higher elevations but it softened throughout the day - all in all a good day. Sunday we awoke to scattered showers - decided to head back to Boston instead of waiting them out.

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Report from a friend who was at Saddleback today:

Went up to Saddleback today. They got an unexpected 4 inches of powder overnight. Since Saturday that's about 10 inches of new snow, not counting the 6 to 8 they got Thurs thru Sat. Conditions today were like mid-winter... probably the best since that Friday we skied in early December.

James

Out There
Instructor
Report from a friend who was at Saddleback today:
Ok, that’s it. NEG is going to Saddleback!

Okemo was a tale of many conditions.today Cold ice, sugar, or piles of chunks/frozen cookie dough, then soft creamy or a sea of chopped corn. Depended on the place and time. It was not warm though eecept sometimes at the lift bottom.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
It was a really fun weekend in southern Vermont.

Bromley was mashed potato snow with some hard pack mixed in. So fun. We had a st. paddy's day party wtih the bromley crew and just had a blast.

1710802580649.png

1710802777224.png

1710802683249.png

Didn't take other photos as we were too busy skiing.

We have fun at Bromley. We barely go in the bar anymore, the shed is where it is

Sunday at Magic was very fun. Coverage was very good. Medium was the best trail. Only sketchy parts were the end of Wand to Hocus to ski down to the quad or the condos when we were done but I love me some navigational skiing.

1710802823648.png

1710802863115.png

Medium was sooooo good

1710802885144.png

Top of hocus was fun and navigational but totally passable

1710802935305.png

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter

I just want to ski. Something about this season: Unless I'm getting on a plane, I don't seen to be able to get out on the hill. Yesterday was POURING at my house. Could not bring myself to get in the car and drive two hours for ... who knew what. But I should have. Doh.

Counting on this weekend to get me moving.

Edit: Forgot to mention getting a super clear view of several ski areas on the plane from Portland to Chicago two weeks ago on the way to the gathering. Stratton and Magic stood out very clearly, along with Pat's Peak and Sunapee. Bromley faces the wrong way.

severou

Booting up
Skier
Not sure if this the right place to ask. If it is not let me know where is the right one I will move the post.

Wife is taking kids to Disneyland, which means I get 7-10days of skiing with them next February. They will be 11 and 9 we live near Toronto so Blue Mountain is our home resort and we have IKON passes, we also go to Tremblant for a few days every season, skied in Japan quite a bit too.

For this trip I want to drive somewhere in VT or Maine and stay in ski in/out or walk to lift on IKON. Talking to kids priorities are:

1.Snow conditions, more accumulation holds snow better etc.
2. A lot of glades, from beginner to advanced, (no cliffs or anything crazy).
3. Pool somewhere close by or at least hot tub
4. Fun accommodation.. meaning we stayed at a place in Japan that was half board and during dinner they met other kids, made friends, we ended up skiing together, tons of fun. This seems to not exist but maybe some place rings a bell?
5. Night skiing

Places I researched so far Sugarbush, Sunday River, Killington, Sugarloaf. I never skied anywhere in the east US so would love suggestions, ideas!

ScottB

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Good list, add jay peak as they have a waterpark and lots of trees

Not on ikon though, but can get deals on tickets with lodging

Sugarloaf would get my vote

Last edited:

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Not sure if this the right place to ask. If it is not let me know where is the right one I will move the post.

Wife is taking kids to Disneyland, which means I get 7-10days of skiing with them next February. They will be 11 and 9 we live near Toronto so Blue Mountain is our home resort and we have IKON passes, we also go to Tremblant for a few days every season, skied in Japan quite a bit too.

For this trip I want to drive somewhere in VT or Maine and stay in ski in/out or walk to lift on IKON. Talking to kids priorities are:

1.Snow conditions, more accumulation holds snow better etc.
2. A lot of glades, from beginner to advanced, (no cliffs or anything crazy).
3. Pool somewhere close by or at least hot tub
4. Fun accommodation.. meaning we stayed at a place in Japan that was half board and during dinner they met other kids, made friends, we ended up skiing together, tons of fun. This seems to not exist but maybe some place rings a bell?
5. Night skiing

Places I researched so far Sugarbush, Sunday River, Killington, Sugarloaf. I never skied anywhere in the east US so would love suggestions, ideas!
This is a good spot to ask, but feel free to start your own thread if you want too... it could be a discussion/thread in and of itself.

FWIW, I have local DC friends who have done Sugarloaf, Sunday River, and Tremblant with similar aged kids over the last few years. They actually liked Sunday River the best, which surprised me a bit. But take that for what it's worth.

Sponsor

Staff online

• dbostedo
    Asst. Gathermeister
  • Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
  • Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid