• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Northern Rockies/Alberta 2023-2024 Jackson Hole Resort/Conditions/Meetups

skidrew

Getting off the lift
Skier
Also, for what I consider pretty high-end dining, I'd be remiss in not giving at least a mention to The Blue Lion. I haven't eaten there in forever, but it was started aeons ago by a ski bum sorta-kinda-buddy of mine. No idea if Ned is still involved, as that was back in 1980 and 81.

We ate there a few summers ago (maybe 2019) and on a ski trip before that. Both meals were excellent.

Definitely high end - not burgers/pizza.

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Pinky G's is kind of a dive with really good pizza.

We're fond of Bin 22 which is a liquor store/tapas bar.

+1, or is it 2? on Bubba's St. Louis ribs.

My buddies eat at Merry Piglets (Tex-Mex) every trip...which is usually 2 or 3 per season. Out there on #2 as I type.

Jwrags

Aka pwdrhnd
Skier
Skied JHMR today. Spring like but snow in the forecast the next two days. For those used to the big white boot up tent it is not there this year. Just a bunch of ski racks it it’s place.

Kyle

Out on the slopes
Skier
Two places we ate in Jackson last week that I had not tried previously that deserve mention are El Abuelito (Mexican) and Hand Fire Pizza. Both were really good. El Abuelito has good prices for a resort town.

TS
SpikeDog

SpikeDog

You want Big Air, kid?
Skier
Skied Jackson three days last week. Big dump on Tues-Wed that I missed, then skied a whisp of new powder on Thursday. Nice blue skies Thursday through Saturday, and started getting just a little soft on Saturday with the direct sunlight. Didn't venture out on the lower slopes like Rawlins Bowl or the Hobacks, as things had been chunked up and frozen. Best turns were in Hoops Gap & Tower 3 - basically go with the highest north facing runs you can. They opened up the Super G course that was clogging up Crag's run and Werner all week on Saturday, and that was a blast. I was making laps on it for about an hour, and the bumps finally grew big enough that I had to slow down. Lots of snow (almost broke the 400' season mark this week) and the chutes are all filled in nicely. The Tensleep Bowl was open wall to wall for the first time I can remember.

ejj

Prairie Skier
Skier
Family has a trip to JH booked starting next Wed, 3/28. Wife is wavering, as she is not a huge skier, and concerned about warm weather and expensive skiing.

We can cancel everything--have no tickets yet, need to buy some JH and GT tix (ouch).

Any advice or thoughts on conditions next week? I don't have OpenSnow.

PlainsSkier

Out on the slopes
Skier
Family has a trip to JH booked starting next Wed, 3/28. Wife is wavering, as she is not a huge skier, and concerned about warm weather and expensive skiing.

We can cancel everything--have no tickets yet, need to buy some JH and GT tix (ouch).

Any advice or thoughts on conditions next week? I don't have OpenSnow.

Never skied Jackson that late but the temperature looks to be a bit below normal, the Tetons will see snow before your trip(looks like a foot or more) and maybe during but the models are kind of split.

Reactions: ejj

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
temperature looks to be a bit below normal, the Tetons will see snow before your trip(looks like a foot or more)
I'm seeing mid- mountain temps in the mid to high 20s. Which probably means the village and especially town in the 30s.

And the snow is looking pretty good, and looks to be a couple inches a day over the week. Not sure if that's better or worse than it coming all at once, in terms of likelihood.

Reactions: ejj

ejj

Prairie Skier
Skier
Never skied Jackson that late but the temperature looks to be a bit below normal, the Tetons will see snow before your trip(looks like a foot or more) and maybe during but the models are kind of split.

i was getting concerned about temps but saw the cool down coming.

teejaywhy

Retired Eccentric
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Skied JHMR last week. Definitely thaw/refreeze happening on the lower half of the mountain. A bit of new snow softened things a bit but low vis kept us from going high up on the mountain.

Something to be aware of is the bridge construction on Hwy 22 between Jackson and the Resort. Up to 1.5 hour to get through. Just horrible. If you are staying at the resort - no problemo.

Sponsor

Staff online