• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New England 2020/21 Northeast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I skied Sunday River today. Used my last Ikon day. Boy what a difference a day makes. The temp was 30 deg all day and it felt like the first week of the season, very firm. An inch or two fell overnight and it snowed lightly all day. Not much accumulation and a bit windy. They did groom everything that was still open and filled in all bare spots. The Locke triple was open this AM and the Barker quad closed. I think the quad was iced over. It opened right after noon and not too long after they closed the Locke Triple. I think they moved snow around quite a bit, as nothing open required walking. There was skiable snow top to bottom on every open trail. Some of it was pretty brown sugar, but I didn't add any new dings to my skis. I would say tomorrow is the day to hit SR, as once it all gets soft, the bare spots will get exposed pretty quick. They close at the end of the day on Saturday. Here are some pics from today. I actually found a little powder today on lazy river, pretty short section but it counts. Thanks for the season Sunday River, you did good in this trying year.

View attachment 131985 View attachment 131986 View attachment 131987 View attachment 131988 View attachment 131989 View attachment 131990 View attachment 131991 View attachment 131992

Haha our cars look the same with steel wheels and snows

Ya sr did a great job and kept the atmosphere very relaxed - aside from a few early season questionable wind and ice delays. Who says a bunch of massholes and mainers and a couple lost nyers cant get along we are all skiers in the end.

I wonder if they even had constraints on daily skiers. I was at the sox game last night 4800 fans i have no idea where they get the 5000 cap from.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
That would be a good comic strip; Car with NY plates in Woodstock ME "I dont think this is Woodstock VT why don't you ask that guy with no mask fueling up his old pickup how to get to the Woodstock Inn."

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
That would be a good comic strip; Car with NY plates in Woodstock ME "I dont think this is Woodstock VT why don't you ask that guy with no mask fueling up his old pickup how to get to the Woodstock Inn."
I don't get it... do you have to be from Maine to get it?

ScottB

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The Woodstock Inn in Woodstock Vt is a high end Inn. The joke is the NYer's went to Woodstock in the wrong state. Notice Wilhelmson typed Woodstock ME in his first reference. Maybe its a play off of Woodstock NY too, but I don't think so.

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
We started a bit before 9 am and hit North Ridge at Killington via the K1 gondola to get a good taste of grippy groomers and chop, then headed over to Snowdon for a few runs through the sticky and slop. This it the last weekend for the K1 gondola and the Snowdon bubble.

1619294756544.png
Lower Chute (the old Mouse Trap can be seen curving off to the left)
1619294873249.png
"Mouse Trap"

Finished our day over on the Superstar pod. Did run into @Guy in Shorts and his crew on the way over through North Ridge. The lift line was snaking up the hill towards the gates at the bottom of Superstar.

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Likely the last day for this season's skiing today (52 days total). It got cold last night, so Superstar was groomed down the middle and a bit firm. We lapped this pod until the legs said "Nope"!

1619555180656.png

Bittersweet and Skyelark started out good, but quickly deteriorated and showing dirt. Last run of the year (?) was a nicely softening Superstar.

1619555341044.png

Elan Amphibio 88 XTi did rock duty this week. I dodged quite a few and recall hitting one sometime today, but haven't looked yet. Finished right in front of the old K1 lodge for the last contact of skis with snow.

MadPatSki

Putting on skis
Skier
One more weekend...

No one spinning on Monday until next Friday when K will be the last one spinning.

May-ed it – Eastern Closing Thread 2021 – Part 5

Phelmut

German for Northeasterner
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Pea soup and disappearing snow. I'll be skiing there this weekend so hopefully the snow stays good for a while.

MadPatSki

Putting on skis
Skier
One more weekend... how many more?

How much longer May we ski? Eastern Closing Thread 2021 – Part 7

Rudi Riet

AKA songfta AKA randomduck - a USSS coach, as well
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Yeah, looking at Killington's webcam they made the right call.

Screen Shot 2021-05-20 at 4.54.18 PM.png

James

Out There
Instructor
Painful to see. I’m glad I bought the Spring pass. I got 8 days in. Would’ve been 9 but went to Stowe one day.
Killington did not disappoint this Spring.

James

Out There
Instructor
C9D3D84E-AD3E-4561-A946-4D7CF2DCBE90.jpeg
Top of Okemo. Form for pouring concrete support, and rock cleared for “new” quad bubble. It’s being moved from Jackson Gore, which will get a six, non bubble.

Rudi Riet

AKA songfta AKA randomduck - a USSS coach, as well
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Wind problems.
No one’s going to be happy over there, their bubble is gone. Maybe the chair will close less though.

They should just go back to surface lifts - maybe a 6-pack T-bar with a bubble?

I'll show myself out now.... :ogbiggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online