• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Individual Review 2017 K2 iKonic 85 Ti

SkiEssentials

Slashing Turns and Prices
SkiTalk Sponsor
Fantastic conditions at Stowe Mountain Resort have allowed us to start our on-hill gear reviews! First up is the 2017 K2 iKonic 85 Ti, a ski that has flown under the radar, but one that we feel deserves a bit more attention. Click the image below for the full review!

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
What is surprising with this ski is how deceptively easy it is to ski.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Nice review but the skier in the video is basically always going quite fast and even on the moguls, straight down the fall line. 99% of ski resort goers do not ski like that. He probably could ski well on 2x4's. Would be nice to see how the ski does using varying ski techniques and speeds.

peterm

Getting off the lift
Skier
FWIW I got a couple of days in on the 2017 Ikonic 80TI when down in NZ in August. I thought they were fun and very easy to ski at my modest level (~L7 hack). Sounds like the 85 is a somewhat more burly ski though.

TS
SkiEssentials

SkiEssentials

SkiTalk Sponsor
Nice review but the skier in the video is basically always going quite fast and even on the moguls, straight down the fall line. 99% of ski resort goers do not ski like that. He probably could ski well on 2x4's. Would be nice to see how the ski does using varying ski techniques and speeds.

It's not the type of ski that likes to be skied slowly, but you're right, Bob is a very good skier. He did make quite a lot of different turn shapes on them, even if it's subtle. If you watch closely in the moguls he is making some quick edge to edge movements as opposed to those longer radius GS and Super G style turns. He was releasing the tail a bit on the groomers at times as well.

TS
SkiEssentials

SkiEssentials

SkiTalk Sponsor
FWIW I got a couple of days in on the 2017 Ikonic 80TI when down in NZ in August. I thought they were fun and very easy to ski at my modest level (~L7 hack). Sounds like the 85 is a somewhat more burly ski though.

The 80 Ti is really similar, but uses a different wood core and doesn't have carbon, which, as we mentioned in the review, makes it a touch more forgiving. The 2016 85 Ti also did not use carbon. The carbon definitely makes it more responsive, stiffer, etc, but slightly less forgiving.

Sponsor

Staff online