• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Sold Zipfit Omfit tubes

rip

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Looking for a couple of Omfit tubes to add some cork to my liners. Zipfit is out of stock and the dealers I've called either don't have any or won't ship. So, if you some unused (or partially used) tubes laying around I'd love to buy a couple. I'd obviously cover shipping/Paypal fees.

chris_the_wrench

Spinning wrenches and throwing spokes.
Skier
Zipfit is out of stock and the dealers I've called either don't have any or won't ship.

Every year this happens...I don't understand how/why they haven't adjusted their supply system. I had luck going international when I was in a similar spot a few winters ago, they got it to me quickly. Lockwoods. They don't have it listed on their website anymore but it maybe worth an email.

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
^this

They may have sharpened up their marketing and become clearer about the model range but FFS how can they be so inept at supporting the aftermarket. It's not laying in a surplus of goop tubes will bankrupt them in stockholding costs. What may have been a cute cult thing in hunt the spares is no longer viable when you're retailing your products at a ultra premium price tag.

TS
rip

rip

Skier
I did email them and they said they have some coming inbound in "about a week". I do agree though, seems like having plenty of tubes on hand would be a no brainer for a high end liner brand.

TS
rip

rip

Skier
Thanks to waxloaf for hooking me up with some tubes!

Jeff@ZipFit

Booting up
Manufacturer
Every year this happens...I don't understand how/why they haven't adjusted their supply system. I had luck going international when I was in a similar spot a few winters ago, they got it to me quickly. Lockwoods. They don't have it listed on their website anymore but it maybe worth an email.
Hey all,

Thanks for your patience. As I'm sure many of you know, we started a partnership with Fischer this year and also expanded into more ski shops and regions to provide support to more skiers. This has put a significant increase in the cork demand globally. We do our best to recommend the proper fitting ZipFit for each skier so that cork is not needed at first fitting, but as we know, every foot/leg morphology and boot pairing is different. Still, there are plenty of skiers out there looking to refresh the fill of their ZipFits after many seasons.

We are committed to providing our boot fitters at shops with the materials they need to provide quality service to skiers. That means that the last avenue to receive cork and be able to offer cork is the website. We have a feature on the OMFit cork page to "notify me when back in stock." If you add your email there, you will get an email the second we have more cork in your region (US, Canada, EU, Global). When these emails go out, we are selling through many hundreds of tubes in a week.

So a request from us, please don't stock up on cork you do not need. We get more cork in stock every couple weeks, but when 200 tubes sell in a day, it leaves us without cork for the next 13 days.

Thanks for being so loyal to ZipFit. This community is incredibly special and we want to deliver for you forever and always.
Jeff

dfdny444

Putting on skis
Skier
Hey all,

Thanks for your patience. As I'm sure many of you know, we started a partnership with Fischer this year and also expanded into more ski shops and regions to provide support to more skiers. This has put a significant increase in the cork demand globally. We do our best to recommend the proper fitting ZipFit for each skier so that cork is not needed at first fitting, but as we know, every foot/leg morphology and boot pairing is different. Still, there are plenty of skiers out there looking to refresh the fill of their ZipFits after many seasons.

We are committed to providing our boot fitters at shops with the materials they need to provide quality service to skiers. That means that the last avenue to receive cork and be able to offer cork is the website. We have a feature on the OMFit cork page to "notify me when back in stock." If you add your email there, you will get an email the second we have more cork in your region (US, Canada, EU, Global). When these emails go out, we are selling through many hundreds of tubes in a week.

So a request from us, please don't stock up on cork you do not need. We get more cork in stock every couple weeks, but when 200 tubes sell in a day, it leaves us without cork for the next 13 days.

Thanks for being so loyal to ZipFit. This community is incredibly special and we want to deliver for you forever and always.
Jeff
Thanks for the info Jeff!

Drahtguy Kevin

Après aficionado
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Hey all,

Jeff
And this is why I own four pairs of ZipFits and won’t ski without them. Ever.

Thanks, @Jeff@ZipFit for the continued exceptional communication and service.

Sponsor

Staff online