• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Xcello Sports Cordless Ski/Snowboard Edge Tuner - Has anyone heard of this before

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
So just discovered the Xcello Sports Cordless Ski/Snowboard Edge Tuner on Amazon priced at $249.95 and was curious if anyone knows anything about this sharpener as I cannot find anything online. On paper is sounds great, and I like the form factor, plus it is cordless .... but it also sounds too good to be true. More importantly when I try and look up this company online it becomes clear that they are not a ski company, but likely just slapping their name on a ton of different sports gear that they sell on Amazon. Conceptually it operates in a similar way to a Razor tune and may even use the same wheel. Anyhow thought I would toss this out the community to see if anyone knew anything,

Kyle

Out on the slopes
Skier
Intriguing. The Razor Tune has always been tempting to me but it struck me as several hundred dollars more than I wanted to spend on it.

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Looks like a black and decker tool. That would be a hard pass.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Looks like a black and decker tool. That would be a hard pass.

Curious why? I'm just a lowly homeowner, but I use (and overuse) the dickens out of my B&D cordless drill and impact drill, and I've never had any problems.

Although I wish the triggers had what I'll call a finer touch at startup.

TS
dovski

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
Well the seller "Elan Publishing Inc" has over 31000 positive reviews on Amazon, essentially 100% positive ... is that even possible!!???!! I mean I am good, heck I am great, but if I do something 31,000 times I am sure to #$@#& it up at least a few times :philgoat:

Near Nyquist

At the edge of instability
Skier
Hmmm
8 positive reviews of a free product

1DCAB385-D7A1-44D9-8402-343B50FE7D41.png

need to send one free to you so another unbiased review may be added

FYI
I gots a razor tune

Sponsor

Staff online