• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Geez, I thought I'd come here and instantly find a perfect solution! I'm with Comcast (can't receive any satellite here). I watched all the WC races I wanted on UHD, NBC Sports, or the NBC Sports app, but now everything is on Olympic Sports channel, and I can't afford the upgrade. I could try a VPN and BBC or Eurosport, but I'm a weenie and can't get up at 3 am to watch races, and so far the YouTube vids I've found have been taken down.

Does anyone know if Eurosport has replays on demand? English would be nice, but even watching without intelligible commentary would be worth a try.
I have the NBC Sports app on my apple tv, which shows Olympic Channel coverage if you log in with your satellite or cable provider. The odd thing is, the coverage isn't on the actual Dish provider, but its on the app logged ind through it.

teledance

Booting up
Skier
Had a hard time with Dish, but finally got the Multisport package with the Olympic Channel 6.50 additional in cost. Funny part was Women's race was on NBCSP , but wanted to see the Men's race and of course it was cancelled.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Geez, I thought I'd come here and instantly find a perfect solution! I'm with Comcast (can't receive any satellite here). I watched all the WC races I wanted on UHD, NBC Sports, or the NBC Sports app, but now everything is on Olympic Sports channel, and I can't afford the upgrade. I could try a VPN and BBC or Eurosport, but I'm a weenie and can't get up at 3 am to watch races, and so far the YouTube vids I've found have been taken down.

Does anyone know if Eurosport has replays on demand? English would be nice, but even watching without intelligible commentary would be worth a try.
My brother has Comcast/Spectrum, I tried to find the Olympic Channel on his guide with no success. I called them to see what channel & spent at least 10 minutes with the agent, he said that it wasn’t included in that package which I believe is the Gold. When I asked what upgrade we would need, he still could find no information. I finally gave up :doh: . I’m beginning to think it is the Mystery Channel :huh: .

Had a hard time with Dish, but finally got the Multisport package with the Olympic Channel 6.50 additional in cost. Funny part was Women's race was on NBCSP , but wanted to see the Men's race and of course it was cancelled.
WHAT! They have it now!?! I spent even more time with DISH a few weeks ago and got nowhere. When did you upgrade? Can you give us any tips like who you spoke with.
I guess I need to call DISH again.

4ster

Instructor
The odd thing is, the coverage isn't on the actual Dish provider, but its on the app logged ind through it.
When you say "Dish provider", do you mean DISH network or satellite providers in general?

TS
Frankly

Frankly

Upwind of NY
Pass Pulled
I think Pugski should negotiate to post HD ski racing and curated freeskiing videos from a single ski-centric web portal.

Then with the profits build a mountain peak ski monastery in the Himalayas with a jetport and high altitude copters at their call for special guests who give them successful ideas.

4ster

Instructor
@litterbug, I think theses Russian broadcasts of Soelden are still up on Youtube...

but you better watch now or they may disappear.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
When you say "Dish provider", do you mean DISH network or satellite providers in general?
I mean Dish specific, but I'm not sure about other dish providers.

4ster

Instructor
I mean Dish specific, but I'm not sure about other dish providers.
Okay Thanks!

Maybe some things have changed in the last few days & all my requests have made a difference ;) .

4ster

Instructor
I just spent another hour or more of time on the phone with DISH. They told me the Multi-sports package was only for businesses or some such nonsense & weren't able to offer it to me. After some lengthy negotiations I was able to upgrade from DISH Top120 to DISH Top200 which does indeed include The Olympic Channel, hooray!

All this after just weeks ago downgrading from the DISH Top250 which I had for years but realized I rarely watched any of the extra channels. Anyway along with a bunch of channels I won't watch I have The Olympic Channel with no real increase in cost.
Now if I can just keep the snow from ripping the dish off my roof again this winter :eek::snow:

Thanks @teledance for making me aware.

litterbug

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Yeah listening on mute with a fast forward is really the best way to actually study technique. I enjoy good commentary but most of the time it's inane.
Commentary is useful early in the season to get to know the racers (especially newer ones) enough to recognize them on my own, and later on to find out stuff like why someone isn't racing that day, who it was that crashed or which going thing just pulled off something great, that sort of thing, but it's mostly a distraction.
I have the NBC Sports app on my apple tv, which shows Olympic Channel coverage if you log in with your satellite or cable provider. The odd thing is, the coverage isn't on the actual Dish provider, but its on the app logged ind through it.
Your sign-in tells NBC Sports what coverage you've paid your provider for so it can limit you to that and nothing else. I was hoping NBC Sports Gold app would add a winter WC package because the cycling package was worth the $40 I paid for it even if some of the commentators were a bit annoying, but no such luck. Ah well...

Meanwhile, paying $115 for a package that doesn't carry the Olympic Channel seems obscene, but I'll spare you that rant.

1chris5

Getting off the lift
Skier
Yeah listening on mute with a fast forward is really the best way to actually study technique. I enjoy good commentary but most of the time it's inane.
I watch Philadelphia Eagles football with sound turned down. The "noise" is too much; I also don't have to mute during commercials. Yeah I miss some things from the broadcast but that's where twitter comes in. I'm sure some really knowledgeable person/people are tweeting during the world cup races and can add valuable commentary that way. Cheers

litterbug

Skier
Just happens that I just muted the Raiders/Dolphins. I did turn closed captions on, though, for those moments when I look away from the screen during time outs. I like the football, but it isn't nearly as captivating as skiing.

Oops, it's half time, gotta get dinner going.

litterbug

Skier
NBC rucking rucks... Just watched Levi, horrible coverage.
No shit. One hour of coverage showing about half of the racers in the second run, half of which is lost to commercials, replays of first runs, and endless off-topic nattering well into the few runs they do show.

NBC Sports only shows women's races, so I signed up for a VPN and Eurosport UK to watch the rest. I have yet to figure out how to watch anything other than clips on the Eurosport website and can't get the app to work at all, so I'll try to get that going by Lake Louise.

It turns out that Sling TV's middle package has the Olympic channel and has a limited Cloud DVR service, so I'm using the trial period to see how it goes. It won't replace cable, though...

Burton

Getting on the lift
Skier
I don't have cable (my town has its own fiber optic internet which is awesome, and the only stuff I watch is streaming) but I figured out I could stream FIS events through OlympicChannel.com. They require you to input your cable provider info, which of course I don't have, so I got a YouTubeTV subscription which works as an alternative. The stream is just the raw TV feed, so no commentary, but they stream the whole field of racers. For Levi, however, I could only find the first run of both men and women. Anybody else go this route and find the second runs?

K2 Rat

Out on the slopes
Skier
I don't have cable (my town has its own fiber optic internet which is awesome, and the only stuff I watch is streaming) but I figured out I could stream FIS events through OlympicChannel.com. They require you to input your cable provider info, which of course I don't have, so I got a YouTubeTV subscription which works as an alternative. The stream is just the raw TV feed, so no commentary, but they stream the whole field of racers. For Levi, however, I could only find the first run of both men and women. Anybody else go this route and find the second runs?

That was how it was last year if i recall correctly. 1st run streamed and 2nd run as part of the TV show.

Sponsor

Staff online