• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Why I hate Sonny Bono

Status
Not open for further replies.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
OK I need official word on this. Skiing with a fatigue cap and a nordic visor - ear flaps folded outside or in?

Need to know soonest. Embarrassment maximum. :)

Started at 53

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Baseball style caps should have hard and fast rules

1) NO flat brims
2) NEVER tuck your ears inside the cap
3) Caps are for sun shade, and to hide bad hair (think post ski helmet hair)
4) As mentioned above, the hat worn so far back/up is a NO-NO

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
One of the things that wearing helmet has done for me is it made me give up skiing in sunglasses. I have used goggles for years but always liked sunglasses a little better. Since I started using a helmet I never went back to skiing with sunglasses. Now I would not ski without a helmet, basically it is because of the NITWITS on the mountain.

Started at 53

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Then there are the ones who use their hands to shield their eyes from the sun because they have their hat on backwards.

I think you are referring to the “I am a stupid idiot” pose.

So...

Being this is the helmet “thread of the day”....

Are visors going to be the thing of the future rather than googles?

And the visor technology can easily change out “glass” for differing light conditions so you are not stuck with only one.

James

Out There
Instructor
Baseball style caps should have hard and fast rules

1) NO flat brims
4) As mentioned above, the hat worn so far back/up is a NO-NO
Hmmmm....

Actor Jimmy Stewart:

d9ff42ac32e510ee55e064074fc3dfa2--baseball-movies-vintage-hollywood.jpg

73939900cc9cc7b311c432530d77d444--baseball-movies-agnes-moorehead.jpg

Jackie Robinson:

promo-download.jpg

numbers16s-1-web.jpg

Yogi Berra:
yogi-berra1.jpg

1200px-1953_Bowman_Yogi_Berra.jpg

2CAC84E600000578-3245875-image-a-31_1443014253726.jpg

150923083405-restricted-03-berra-quote-super-169.jpg

(This last is truly appalling.)

One of the things that wearing helmet has done for me is it made me give up skiing in sunglasses. I have used goggles for years but always liked sunglasses a little better. Since I started using a helmet I never went back to skiing with sunglasses. Now I would not ski without a helmet, basically it is because of the NITWITS on the mountain.
Why? Makes no sense. You need different glasses perhaps that fit inside the helmet. I use sunglasses with goggles up on the helmet. I get told how dorky it is. But you can use dark glasses then switch to light goggles for when it gets stormy. Or dark glasses inside goggles when it's super bright. (Weird, but can work) Abasin in May has such a range of weather and absurdly bright high altitude, 11k +, sun.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Hey, best protection from the kids' wayward skis and poles - and as mentioned above, inconsiderate lift riders slamming the bar down with no notice whatsoever.;)

I notice you're staying silent on whether it's possible to fully saturate the dumb stuff factor, i.e. reach a limit beyond which there is no more :D

Phelmut

German for Northeasterner
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
My helmet is the most comfortable and practical ski hat I've ever worn. I don't miss the old days one bit.
Agreed. I hate hats and never wear them cuz I look like more of a dork than usual. And as poorly as I ski a helmet is very useful. I just need someone to make one with a mouthguard now.

chilehed

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
And that stupid Kennedy offspring for making ski helmets so mandatory that people shame you for free skiing without one...
Don't worry, you'll either get older or bash your brains against a tree; either way you'll stop caring about what other people think.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I thought this thread was closed a while ago. Well, it is now. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online