• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

What's your favorite breakfast for a ski day?

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
We were given a cast iron rectangular griddle about 25 years ago. Amazing how much we use it. I can identify with the grilled cheese comment, as well as pancakes, French toast......might be a comfort food dinner!

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm not a breakfast person. To Mamie, sandwich is a comfort food. She often make fun of me when I deconstruct a sandwich to eat the meat and bread separately. I guess I'm not a sandwich person, hot or cold.

It all depends on preferences. For me, 6x 35K BTU burner comes before a built in griddle.

SBrown

Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm not a breakfast person. To Mamie, sandwich is a comfort food. She often make fun of me when I deconstruct a sandwich to eat the meat and bread separately. I guess I'm not a sandwich person, hot or cold.

It all depends on preferences. For me, 6x 35K BTU burner comes before a built in griddle.

For me, it all depended on luck. Had been planning on 36" with 6 burners (but not 35K) and a separate griddle, and suddenly a 48" with 4 burners and the big griddle dropped into my lap, for less money. What's a girl to do?

Last edited:

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
For me, it all depended on luck. Had been planning on 36" with 6 burners (but not 35K) and a separate griddle, and suddenly a 48" with 4 burners and the big griddle dropped into my lap, for less money. What's a girl to do?

This girl could hate that girl?

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter

Sent it over to me so you can get what you originally wanted. I'll take one for the team. :roflmao:

SBrown

Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Sent it over to me so you can get what you originally wanted. I'll take one for the team. :roflmao:

I have grown to love my dual ovens, sorry.

This has become a total hijack, but first ... I love the story behind my acquiring this behemoth. The guy who was doing our kitchen had another client who had purchased said behemoth, and while in storage during construction, one of the ovens became home to a mouse nest. They took the thing apart, cleaned it, reinsulated it, etc, but the client would not take it back, she was too grossed out and bought another one. "Just sell it, I don't even care!" I didn't care, either (about the mice, that is), and got an absolute screaming deal.

So, anyone eat mice for ski breakfast?

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Not knowingly.

But you never know what they're putting into breakfast sausages in ski towns. Choose your budget meal wisely.

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I love me my outdoor grill. But I did come close to mice for breakfast with it. Fired it up last spring and a couple of rodents came shooting out, grazing my mid-section. Sometimes I wouldn't open the hood before lighting but fortunately for those critters that time I did.

Nice thing about a ski chalet is one of my friends/guests will be assigned thorough cleaning of the grill this winter. No Phil, not you.

Now as I recall, I once parked my car at the airport in Sacramento for a few days during the heat of summer. Returned, started it up, turned on the AC full force and the vents started firing a high volume of beatles through them. This continued for days. Completely bizarre.

There's thread drift and then there's this.

Last edited:

Muleski

Inactive
Got my best used car deal...ever...due to a mouse. The owner spent the winter in FL. She came north for the summer. Mouse had moved into the heater box in the car, and would crawl out of the duct in the dash, then back into it.

A friend of ours did some contracting work for she and her husband. She pulled the same "get rid of this....." move. Bought it very quickly, moved Mr. mouse to the woods, compete with his nest. Win win. Loved that mouse.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
TS
Mendieta

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
Yes. I use a rectangular one that spans two burners. I make 6, 1/4 cup pancakes at a time ...

This morning's picture here :)

20161112_092935.jpg

kimmyt

My Rack Is Bigger Than Yours
Skier
So, anyone eat mice for ski breakfast?

A friend of mine spent a few months in Malawi doing work as a rural veterinarian and she said they used to sell kabobs of field mice and songbirds off the side of the road. Said there wasn't much meat on em.

Sounds kinda gross, but then we have Scrapple, so.... ;)

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I apologize if this menu option has already been posted.. Breakfast? Little rookie, do you know what I had for breakfast??? First I had Sunny side up and zen I had Sunny side down.. and zen I had Sunny side all zee way around!!!

Carl Kuck

Ambassador of Stoke
Skier
So while thinking about unusual breakfasts on ski trips, I remembered how I spent the better part of a week in PC eating Bison Dirty Rice. Mmmmm..... It was great to come back to the condo, grab a bite or several of rice and pitch it in the microwave; chow down, have a beer, and then cruise on down to the Jacuzzi...

On the other hand....

Bison Dirty Rice! It's not just for dinner anymore!!! It's tasty and nutritious; especially with hot sauce for that added Vitamin C boost! ;)

:thumb::D

TS
Mendieta

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
So while thinking about unusual breakfasts on ski trips, I remembered how I spent the better part of a week in PC eating Bison Dirty Rice. Mmmmm..... It was great to come back to the condo, grab a bite or several of rice and pitch it in the microwave; chow down, have a beer, and then cruise on down to the Jacuzzi...

On the other hand....

Bison Dirty Rice! It's not just for dinner anymore!!! It's tasty and nutritious; especially with hot sauce for that added Vitamin C boost! ;)

:thumb::D

Breakfast of champions :)

kayco53

Getting on the lift
Skier
Light quick breakfast. Coffee junk and some fruit.Then first tracks before we open. Then a snack at 10am and more sking.

Sponsor

Staff online