• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Sponsored What Skis Should I Buy? Comparing Men's Freeride Skis

https://www.skiessentials.com/

SkiEssentials

Slashing Turns and Prices
SkiTalk Sponsor

This week on our Chairlift Chat blog we take a look at 10 different freeride skis from 10 different brands and talk about their different shapes, constructions, similarities, differences, who they might be best for, and more. You'll also find links to each ski's results in our 1st Annual Ski Test as well as longer, more in depth reviews for certain models that we were able to get out on last season.

Ski season is rapidly approaching here in Stowe, VT and we're very excited to get on snow! We'll be doing a series of on-snow reviews as soon as the lifts start spinning, so let us know if there are certain skis at which you'd like us to take a closer look.

markjs

Skiing is believing
Skier
I own a pair of the Fischer Ranger 108 in a 188 and love them. Do everything well and handle the firm with some confidence. A real fun ski.

Bryce

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
I was toying between the Ranger 108 and the QST 106 for my dedicated touring ski (also considered the Faction CT 3.0, but figured that would make a better "play around the resort" ski). Decided to go with the QST after ready pretty rave reviews for their performance across most conditionals while maintaining a more "playful" feel. I think if I were still living out west and was getting into spicier lines I probably would have gone for the Fischer, but either way the current crop of skis seems pretty rad!

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I own a pair of the Fischer Ranger 108 in a 188 and love them. Do everything well and handle the firm with some confidence. A real fun ski.
The 188 is so much different than the next size down. The 188 is the “athlete” ski.

ChrisJ

Booting up
Skier
Missing from that excellent review list Kastle BMX 105 and 105hp. If you have a bit more $ also worth consideration

Sponsor

Staff online