• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
BUMP! EUREKA! OMG!

YES,

YOU GOT THAT RIGHT -

IT'S A

-take a breath here-

MONOSKIBLADE

AlpedHuez

Chasing that Odermatt form
Skier
I don't have a Renoun Z90 in my quiver.

I have been circling around a Volkl V-Werks Mantra (19/20), but I see the ultra-slim sidewall as not great for piste carving, and only for touring. But I am torn on what binding I would mount, as I already have skis with a Shift and skis with a Duke PT. I have never tried the Kingpin, but I am apprehensive about the toe release for the downhill.

I also wanted to get a Nordica Doberman Spitfire 80 RB, but have since got wider and skinnier frontside/all-mountain carvers. Maybe the 20/21 is for me, as I like the topsheet for the otherwise identical ski,

I so relate to that Won the lottery quiver pic earlier in the thread ...

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
BUMP! EUREKA! OMG!

YES,

YOU GOT THAT RIGHT -

IT'S A

-take a breath here-

MONOSKIBLADE
Yes, I can see a use for those.

No, I’m lying. I can’t see any use for those.

RobSN

Out on the slopes
Skier
I’d like some Stöckli AX’s to complement and compare with my Renoun Atlas’ on the groomers. Other than that, I need to get out on my Renoun Citadels and new second hand Z90s (yes, @philplug, you ARE responsible for that purchase and my wife has not yet forgotten it ...) because until I have, I’ll have nothing to compare to and lust after (no, not you @kimberlin <- this is a joke, Kim and I ski a lot together and are sometimes assumed to be married, which we are, to skiing and to other people).

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
I went back over all 10 pages just to see if anything jumped out. I didn't do an official count but the Kastle name seems to be the most requested in the first 5 pages. It seems to shift to Stockli in the later pages and Renoun Z90's are mentioned a lot. I guess if you are getting a free pair why not go for the high price ski.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
In spite of the fact here that most would consider everything in my quiver "rock skis" because they're all pre 2017 models... NONE of them have any base damage deep enough for a p-tex repair to stick. All of them have less than 50 days on them. I don't have a single pair of the dozen or so that I wouldn't be pretty bummed about hitting major rockage.

My selection is also more than adequate for use opportunity, only real gap is over 100m, nothing over 99. The only justification I can muster for buying a new pair of skis is pure "I want it because it's shiny and new". And, there's nothing wrong with that being the reason to buy more skis! I still do agree the optimal quiver size is N+1. A pair of legit dedicated ballet skis would certainly tempt me. I was never good at ballet, but it's fun to smear down a blue on them old school swiivelly..

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I have nothing in the 80’s width-wise. But with a Laser AX and Renoun Z90, which are so versatile, there’s no need. Maybe something slarvy-ish and not carve-y in this width would be fun. (??)

2 years ago I did purchase something that I’d hardly use here in the east but is fun in the west....a DPS Wailer 112 in hot pink. I mean...HOT pink. It’s a really fun ski and versatile for its width. The sale price and the color kind of won me over. :rolleyes:

ted

Getting off the lift
Skier
Had but no longer have or any interest in a Slalom. Had a pair that I skied on almost exclusively for a season. Too much fun. But had one incident where the superwide tail hung up and almost ripped my knee apart. Also staying away from similar highly flared tails on carvers.

If Rick Howell's binding comes out I may reconsider.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Had but no longer have or any interest in a Slalom. Had a pair that I skied on almost exclusively for a season. Too much fun. But had one incident where the superwide tail hung up and almost ripped my knee apart. Also staying away from similar highly flared tails on carvers.

If Rick Howell's binding comes out I may reconsider.

If you've read Rick's posts in detail, you'll remember that one of the salient points was enough distance between the engaged tail edge and the leg bones. There was a school of thought that advocated bob-tailed skis for that exact reason.

ted

Getting off the lift
Skier
If you've read Rick's posts in detail, you'll remember that one of the salient points was enough distance between the engaged tail edge and the leg bones. There was a school of thought that advocated bob-tailed skis for that exact reason.

I don't remember that, can you expand please?

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
I don't remember that, can you expand please?

123968349_4905524512798625_5491865392703676913_n.jpg

Scotty I.

I only care about the graphics
Skier
No holes in the quiver, but I have an issue that keeps me awake (for 5 minutes). I really, really like my Monster 88's. I am, however, very intrigued by the Blossom Cross Winds. I don't see owning both of them.
What to do...
And I know, if you've struck oil...