• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

What did you do to your _______ today?

Carl Kuck

Ambassador of Stoke
Skier
Pulled the period-incorrect Profile Design quill stem and bars from my Paramount today, installed a Cinelli XA stem and Cinelli 64 Giro d'Italia handlebars and cabled up the brakes. Over the next few days I'll adjust the brakes and tape the bars. Should be ready to rock for the Bike The Bay ride in a few weeks!

oldschoolskier

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I picked up a 2014 F150 2WD in Dec 2016. I have done the following.

Wired in extra electric power, Aux LED backup lights, 30amp Aux power in bed and underdash, Amateur Radio antenna, radio still to be mounted. Custom GPS mount bracket (no stupid suction cup). Custom (self built) behind seat access brackets. Running board (eBay). Built custom bed racks, easy on/off mounting system, with little indication of rack when not installed (week of July 24/17).

Still deciding what to do next. Back camera with integrated dash cam? Massive light bar?

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
Pulled the period-incorrect Profile Design quill stem and bars from my Paramount today, installed a Cinelli XA stem and Cinelli 64 Giro d'Italia handlebars and cabled up the brakes. Over the next few days I'll adjust the brakes and tape the bars. Should be ready to rock for the Bike The Bay ride in a few weeks!

Well now you'll finally get some sleep!

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Swapped the Miata's horn for a nauticial airhorn, now cars can hear me.
Very tempting but here in UT the risk is you'd be arrested and prosecuted for drugs you did in the 70-s.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Went out near the end of the Earth very deep in the Powder River Basin of Eastern Wyoming. There are about 4 gravel roads out there in an area about the size of New Jersey. There are ranches out there over 50,000 acres that require square miles for one cow. I have lived and worked in some pretty remote places, and this ranked up there.

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
Still prime dirt bike riding here... this week in the Bershires of MA.
1990 Kawasaki KDX200 was the mount of the day :wag:

Mohawk 3.jpg

on the move.jpg

Last edited:

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Still prime dirt bike riding here... this week in the Bershires of MA.
1990 Kawasaki KDX200 was the mount of the day :wag:

Nice! We're in the middle stages of our normal summer fire season closure, and impatiently counting the days until the first September rains.

As far as what did I do to my 2013 XC60 R-Design today.......

A few days ago decided to stop considering purchasing a new Audi SQ5, and simply extended the factory warranty on my Volvo for another 5 years and 60,000 miles.

Heck, it's just shy of four years old, and has less than 30,000 miles, and I love it, AND IT'S PAID FOR!

Plus, the optimist in me is still hoping that the upcoming WRX is back on a hatchback chassis (my new warranty is pro-rated refundable if I jump ship early).

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Brake job on the Buick today. Damn corrosion at the pad clips causing sticking and burnt pads. Thing of beauty and a joy forever after they're fresh and lubed. Pro tip, don't cheap out on brake parts. Fit is so much better with better pads.

jonc

Putting on skis
Skier
Tracked down the source of that puddle of oil under the Rover. It had been dripping for a couple weeks since driving on the beach. Turns out the oil filter had worked loose, tightened it back up and good as new.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Drove it up to to the local SCCA event...was real tempted.

Jersey Skier

aka RatherPlayThanWork or Gary
Skier
Drove the wife's new BMW for 7+ hours of Sunday traffic from the Cape back to NJ. All the while my wife was trying to figure out all the electronics in these things. As a technology hater, I don't think she'll get much beyond setting the radio presets, Supposedly there is enough storage for 40,000 songs, but it took 10 minutes to save one CD. Someone else can do the math to figure out how long that would take. Every time she connects her phone to the car it seems to randomly dial people in her contacts. She's gonna love this thing.

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
Drove the wife's new BMW for 7+ hours of Sunday traffic from the Cape back to NJ. All the while my wife was trying to figure out all the electronics in these things. As a technology hater, I don't think she'll get much beyond setting the radio presets, Supposedly there is enough storage for 40,000 songs, but it took 10 minutes to save one CD. Someone else can do the math to figure out how long that would take. Every time she connects her phone to the car it seems to randomly dial people in her contacts. She's gonna love this thing.

That's the whole BMW 'Idrive' system.....

I drive, you try and figure out how to make all this crap work!!! :eek: :doh: :huh: :crossfingers:

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
We drove the Passat TDI up to Tahoe from Reno yesterday to see The Who and stayed the night. Came down the Mt. Rose highway for quite a way before getting behind some slower cars. My wife actually said I was starting to scare her and that it wasn't a sports car! I said, sure it is. That's why you can put the DSG in manual mode!

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
We drove the Passat TDI up to Tahoe from Reno yesterday to see The Who and stayed the night. Came down the Mt. Rose highway for quite a way before getting behind some slower cars. My wife actually said I was starting to scare her and that it wasn't a sports car! I said, sure it is. That's why you can put the DSG in manual mode!
Like the new tires, huh?

Sponsor

Staff online