• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

What did you do to your _______ today?

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Stebel Nautilus? We have those on both our Miatas (Miatae?), they've already paid for themselves!!!

Went with the Thompson Horn from Miata.net

Here's hoping that your remote entry system doesn't use the horn for its signal. :roflmao:

LOL, actaully didn't think of that. Will check.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Set up my Big Red Banzai board with a sweet set of Sims Pure Juice wheels straight outta 1975. I'd never skated Pure Juice before today. Pretty smooth cruisers indeed, and look so FAT on those California Slalom trucks. This was any kid's dream board back in 1976... until we quickly figured out these things are dangerous.. They quickly were renamed... "ANKLE HATCHETS!" :eek:
20525815_1767725663242964_1970851650803765865_n.jpg

Carl Kuck

Ambassador of Stoke
Skier
And I just bought a set of Hella supertones, need to fabricate the brackets and wiring harness and install them.
I'm thinking my next Subie will have Supertones...

Carl Kuck

Ambassador of Stoke
Skier
Stebel Nautilus? We have those on both our Miatas (Miatae?), they've already paid for themselves!!!
We got ours from Tom as well, here's a video:

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Hail or tires?

Other car, lol! Transmission :eek: Hopefully it gets fixed this time, though. They think they might have figured out the issue ... crossing fingers ....

Snowfan

aka Eric Nelson
Skier
The OB is 3 months old so I finally got around to clay barring the paint followed with Meguiars Fine Cut 2, Machine Glaze 3 then finished with Collinite 476 carnoobie paste. Applied with a Griots random orbital.
20170804_103757.jpg

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
And when you said 'two tone ship's air horn' I kind of imagined this:

I heard these a lot when I lived in Portland, ME. Fortunately not so much when I was on my wee boat.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The OB is 3 months old so I finally got around to clay barring the paint followed with Meguiars Fine Cut 2, Machine Glaze 3 then finished with Collinite 476 carnoobie paste. Applied with a Griots random orbital.
View attachment 27594
Have you tried Groits quick detailer? I like it better than the Meguiers.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Yes. It came with the kit including the orbital, pads, towels, polish, glaze...I just ran out and picked up this Meguiars stuff locally. I like https://www.griotsgarage.com/ materials and will order again from them.
Griots usually has a stand here at Hot August Nights and I will grab a couple of "sample" bottles.

JeffB

ODAT
Skier
I patiently sat in my car in traffic on the way to the lake this afternoon and then got rear ended by a Ford Focus, so that was nice way to end the week.

Regrettably,we didn't discuss the website while exchanging info. Perhaps it's my fault for not having a bigger sticker back there? I'll give that a shot after I get the new bumper.

For now, I'm due for a few Advil and borderline unhealthy amount of bourbon.

IMG_1405.JPG

IMG_1406.JPG

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I put my 2005 Volvo S40 T5 6-Speed up for sale... :huh:

00I0I_7tir7VDYvGw_1200x900.jpg

Anyone want to buy it?!
Is the the Prancing Moose on the side? AWESOME. I assume you know the story behind that?

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Well, what is the rest of the story on the prancing moose? Said the village idiot.

Sponsor

Staff online