• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

What did you do to your _______ today?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Every car forum worth thier salt has a "What did you do to your SPECIFIC MODEL HERE today?" thread. Since we have a plethora of different models here but no shortage of automotive enthusiasts this will be a place where we can post what did you do with your car, truck or motorized friend be it drive, tweek, mod, clean or whatever.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
So pet peeve..the Outback is becoming woefully underdamped in the back. Never was very well damped and it's spooky to drive hard at the limit. There are ZERO aftermarket struts for the back! Sorry, one, TEIN..$1100.. LIke, I can't be the only one that's noticed how poorly damped it is..can I?!

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
I finally put a major scratch on my new (end of March) 2017 Equinox. Hit a boulder or something at the cottage. It's not going to rub out either. Good thing I've a friend in that business. Wonder if he needs anything from my warehouse.

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
I took two of my motorized friends to an event this past Sunday for some dirty fun...
1989 ATK 406 and a 1987 Husky WR430

ATK uphill.jpg
ATK406 dude.jpg
image1.JPG
IMG_1875.JPG

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I don't think I've ever used the horn button in 27 years on mine (or any other car for that matter)
I look at it like fire insurance..I haven't used that in 27 years either but I make sure it is the best option available

Don in Morrison

I Ski Better on Retro Day
Skier
I don't think I've ever used the horn button in 27 years on mine (or any other car for that matter)
If I bought a brand new car with a defective horn, I'd drive it for a lifetime and send it to the junkyard without ever knowing it didn't work. (That is to say, I don't even know if the horn in my current car works.)

Last edited:

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Clearly some of you haven't been sitting behind someone :nono: stopped still texting long after the light has turned green.. BEEP BEEP!!!!

jzmtl

Intermidiot
Skier
And I just bought a set of Hella supertones, need to fabricate the brackets and wiring harness and install them. :D

Living and driving in the city, horns comes in handy more often than I'd like.

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Last week I finished putting xpel headlight protection film on the last of our cars

Carl Kuck

Ambassador of Stoke
Skier
Swapped the Miata's horn for a nauticial airhorn, now cars can hear me.
Stebel Nautilus? We have those on both our Miatas (Miatae?), they've already paid for themselves!!!

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
I'm planning a home made, wood cap/topper for my Tacoma Double Cab. I don't want a camper (too big and heavy, plus single purpose) but I want to sleep in the back which is only 5 feet long. With the gate down, It is 6.5 feet so I need a cap that will cover that length, be light, have a full opening and a personnel door. I am going to design it with a slightly arched roof to shed rain. Inside will be nothing or a modular kitchen. Side windows will open up like on a service truck so I can access tools and equipment I keep inside. And it will be sturdy enough for a Thule rack on top.