• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

What did you do this season that sets it apart?

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I'm skiing much later in the season than i ever have. Normally I'd have my fill of spring skiing by now but i kinda feel like the energizer bunny, i don't want to stop. Each spring i ski longer and longer. I'll attribute this to skill improvement and I've found it quite fun to get out there on a wider ski as well.

cosmoliu

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I can say I skied better yesterday than last month and better than in any of my 72 years of skiing. I remember thinking when I was approaching 50 that I was all done improving both skiing skills and stamina, but that was incorrect.

At 50 (15 years ago) I was just starting to get a clue as to what this sliding around on two boards thing is all about. I thought I was pretty hot stuff, but in retrospect I didn't know squat. I'd love to get 72 years of skiing in, but by then I'd be 107... :crossfingers:

Last edited:

Kneale Brownson

Making fresh tracks forever on the other side
Instructor
At 50 (15 years ago) I was just starting to get a clue as to what this sliding around on two boards thing is all about. I thought I was pretty hot stuff, but in retrospect I didn't know squat. I'd love to get 72 years of skiing in, but by then I'd be 107... :crossfingers:

I was 68 when I started working at Breck in 2008. I'm "planning" on getting my lifetime season pass after 25 years here.

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
:eek: Not a good thing, but I got Influenza A on my "big" visit to Breck in March (even though I had a flu shot in the fall). Missed the last four days of skiing - it sucked, I still feel cheated. I just had to lay on the couch and watch others having fun all day -- it was like watching fish in an aquarium.

IMG_1912.JPG

Was interesting, however, spending time in the medical office at the base of Peak 9. Somewhat entertaining watching the various ski/snowboarding injuries roll in.

Last edited:

David Mcc

aka Snowbowler
Skier
I took a long trip out west with my daughter. We drove out from VT with MC passes and started at Jackson Hole , then over to Utah. One stretch of 7days it seemed like we found untracked every run boot top and above.Headed over to CO on way home and hit Aspen (loved Highlands), Vail, Beavercreek, then Keystone for the finale.Seeing a lot of country, flat and mountains was amazing. Jackson Hole was our favorite. Definitely a "bucket list" type trip for me.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier

fatbob

Not responding
Skier

I'd so love this to be true for me and of course to get some of Kneale's longevity. I told Trish when I skied with them that I was on a downhill slope ability wise until such time as I could ski another season. Seems to take longer to get back to full gas as you age.