• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

What did you do this season that sets it apart?

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Many times we hear about goal setting and things we want to do in the coming season, which may or may not be achieved. This year I didn't really set any goals, but I decided that I was going to seize opportunities when they arose.

These are just a few things I did that set this season apart from the past seasons.
  • I took a ballet ski lesson from Suzy Chaffee
  • I skied Mad River Glen
  • I skied a run at Squaw that had seemed daunting to me in the past(I wish I could remember the name of the run)
  • I skied a Chute at Mt Rose that I hadn't skied before

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Skied Chamonix, a bucket list item.
Managed two, week long, plane required, ski trips in one year when I capped off my season with a trip to Snowbird a few weeks ago. Skied Jaws with my friend, and had a two foot pow day the last day there.
Skied again with MDF at Stowe early in the year, second time, but hope to he heals up so we can do it again next year.

pais alto

me encanta el país alto
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Things that set this season apart? I don't want to think about that. It's probably enough to say that memorial services were involved.

There were good parts, but those're what stick in my mind. Sorry for the bummer post.

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Had a whole lot of resort skiing that resembled hell-skiing. Some runs I don't think I'll ever forget.
Had a pass at Alta, found some new ski buds and learned something about that hill.
Learned where the tree skiing is at Deer Valley.
Skills improved.

I lost someone too.

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Skied Davos (again) and Flims/Laax, spent four weeks in SLC, fell in love with Stockli AX and Kastle MX89

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I had a good season
  • Passed my level 1 at sugarbush
  • Have less new mountain skiing anxiety and no longer memorize trail maps and half the time don't even know which trails i went down
  • Overcame angst over skiing with new people and skied with a bunch of girls throughout the season (Killington, northern Arizona, mount snow, sugarbush and Lake Louise)
  • Am comfortable in soft spring bumps
  • General refinement of skills and learned a ton of awesome drills
  • Learned to ski backwards
Next season will be positively boring :)
:beercheer::daffy:

Last edited:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
If you didn't hear, we had a bit of snow here in Tahoe which allowed us some flexibility.
  • Skied parts of Northstar I either haven't skied in year or ever skied
  • Got our Mt. Rose passes
  • Took Tricia to Mad River Glen (on her bucket list).
  • Maybe took my last trip to MRG?
  • Worked like mad to grow the site

Don in Morrison

I Ski Better on Retro Day
Skier
I got in more than seven days (eight) for the first time since about 1984 or so.
I got to ski with my oldest granddaughter (11) four times. I got her to the point of making some rudimentary parallel turns, and I'm pleased with her progress. She told my daughter that skiing with Grandpa is the one thing she loves to do more than anything else in the whole world, but she's not interested in skiing at all unless I'm going to be with her.

John O

Getting off the lift
Skier
Changed my home mountain. For the last 5 or so years I'd had a pass to Stevens Pass and did almost all of my skiing there. Switched to Crystal this year. It was interesting and fun trying to learn a new mountain; Crystal is big with a lot of terrain to learn. I feel like I've only scratched the surface at this point.

Kneale Brownson

Making fresh tracks forever on the other side
Instructor
For years I've had a semi-conscious tendency to drop my right hand. Skiing this season with Mike Porter in Breck's alpine scholars skiing improvement program for staffers with their LIII certification got me paying attention again, and I'm beginning to lick it.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
For years I've had a semi-conscious tendency to drop my right hand. Skiing this season with Mike Porter in Breck's alpine scholars skiing improvement program for staffers with their LIII certification got me paying attention again, and I'm beginning to lick it.

I'll tell Eric he's in good company - he has the exact same habit.

Or rather, I'll tell him he WAS in good company!

Mike King

AKA Habacomike
Instructor
Skied some of the deepest densest snow inbounds
Skied some of the densest even deeper snow on my heli trip
Skied Possible (at Snowmass) the first time and it was untracked
Rebuilt my skiing from the ground up and feel I'm close® to level 3
Skied my first 100 day season
Had more training hours than work hours
Made new friends and earned the respect of many in my school.

A great season!

Mike

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
I spent most of the season skiing groomers and working on technique. Consequently, I own some skills that I'd previously only window-shopped.

Kneale Brownson

Making fresh tracks forever on the other side
Instructor
It's what I didn't do. No injuries this ski season.ogsmile

I've had several seasons concluded via injury (one on the Saturday after Thanksgiving, third day of that year), so celebrated losing only a few days to injury this season.

Sponsor