• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Welcome Pret Helmets as Official Sponsor of Pugski Test Team

Drahtguy Kevin

Après aficionado
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I’m in the Cirque X. It is the most comfortable and well thought out helmet I’ve used. The venting works perfectly with the slide adjustment. The magnetic chinstrap is genius. I’ve used Smith, Anon, Oakley and Zeal goggles with it. All fit well with no gap.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I've had three Prêt helmets over the years and found all of them to be comfortable. That being said, the least comfortable for my head shape was the LyricX but still not enough to bother me. I currently wear the LuxeX which seems to be made for my head. I have a very oval head.
Here is a shot of me and Phil wearing ours with POC Fovea goggles.
Phil is wearing Cirque X in Rubber Citron
I'm wearing the Luxe X in Licorice
24059640_10159416616660018_1410040084504254819_o.jpg

@UGASkiDawg and @DoryBreaux wear their Prêt Helmets every day. @dean_spirito wears his .....when he wears a helmet. ;)

Last edited:

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Reactions: Ron

David

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Skier
Thanks everykne. Now I just need to find a store that carries them so I can try them on!

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
That is the unisex version of the one I have. I like it but its very oval, so be aware of that when you fit your helmet.
I have the Outdoor Tech chips in my helmet and love it.

Thanks Trish. Actually, although the Cynics fit me well, I have a more oval skull.

Jersey Skier

aka RatherPlayThanWork or Gary
Skier
Can anyone compare the warmth of any of the Pret helmets to a Vantage? I already have some very well ventilated helmets, but I'd like one that is truly warm when the vents are closed. Shaved head...

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
yes, the vantage is a bit warmer especially in the ear flaps but honestly, through a ultralight beanie on and it will be even warmer and the beanie absorbs sweat better. for any cold day, I wear the beanie regardless of the helmet due to the comfort factor

Drahtguy Kevin

Après aficionado
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Can anyone compare the warmth of any of the Pret helmets to a Vantage? I already have some very well ventilated helmets, but I'd like one that is truly warm when the vents are closed. Shaved head...

I have a shaved head as well. The CirqueX has two front vents that let air in 24/7. I can feel the breeze on my scalp with the vents closed but not enough to bother me. If it’s real cold I wear a thin beanie.

Jersey Skier

aka RatherPlayThanWork or Gary
Skier
yes, the vantage is a bit warmer especially in the ear flaps but honestly, through a ultralight beanie on and it will be even warmer and the beanie absorbs sweat better. for any cold day, I wear the beanie regardless of the helmet due to the comfort factor

I do wear a thin beanie, but I'd rather not have to wear one all the time. Which I currently do.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
We will be post previewing the new 18 line tomorrow, post preview? Yeah, we saw them a few months ago...Of course colors along with some new models. Will report back when we can ad more info.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
FWIW, the LuxeX is warmer than the Lyric X.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I have a shaved head as well. The CirqueX has two front vents that let air in 24/7. I can feel the breeze on my scalp with the vents closed but not enough to bother me. If it’s real cold I wear a thin beanie.
I wore a CirqueX for the first time yesterday. I noticed that it let in more air along the side of the helmet than my K2 Stash. I think that can be fixed by reshaping the earpieces but I didn't think about it yesterday. I do notice a little pressure on my forehead so I'm guessing I have more of an oval head than round. It's not uncomfortable though. A little heat, a little punch...Just kidding!

RJS

Out on the slopes
Skier
I got a Cynic X at the beginning of the season, and I am really enjoying it so far. It fits well, is comfortable, and looks great. I appreciate that it has MIPS. On cold days, I do have to wear a balaclava because you can't close the helmet vents. That said, with a balaclava on it is nice and toasty.

David

Skier
I got a Cynic X at the beginning of the season, and I am really enjoying it so far. It fits well, is comfortable, and looks great. I appreciate that it has MIPS. On cold days, I do have to wear a balaclava because you can't close the helmet vents. That said, with a balaclava on it is nice and toasty.
Do you have issues with your goggles fogging? If i wear a balaclava and a helmet at the same time i can't see to walk let alone ski!

RJS

Out on the slopes
Skier
Do you have issues with your goggles fogging? If i wear a balaclava and a helmet at the same time i can't see to walk let alone ski!

I do, but my goggles fog whether or not I'm wearing a balaclava. If it helps, my goggles are Smith I/O X.

I've noticed that my goggles get foggy quickly if both my mouth and nose are covered by a face mask.

David

Skier
I'm convinced that with a helmet the brim effectively closes off the goggles top vents and causes the fogging. Without a helmet I almost never fog unless I'm sweating and thete is no air movement. I also wear a Sirius neoprene mask that has holes to breath through and that helps a lot.

Sponsor

Staff online