• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Welcome Pret Helmets as Official Sponsor of Pugski Test Team

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Just noticed the test team picture, with Philpug in full on test mode, with two different boots on! A classic! Testing at a higher level.

This is good stuff. Great to see it evolving.
Lots of questions about the two boots on Phil. Only one person noticed that I also had two different boots on, but then I'm kneeling, so not so obvious.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Two different boots? I presumed this the old trick of not putting wrong boot on wrong foot as my sister in law once did ...

righty whitey, lefty bluesie ....

Reactions: Ron

drewski

Putting on skis
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
bought a Pret Cynic this year, nice style, fit, light weight all in all a great buy, little breezy for cold weather, fixed that with some duct tape. having trouble with chin strap, wont stay length I adjust it too. Little dab of hot melt glue fixed that. Thanks Pret for joining the community!!

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Did you get the Cinic or Cinic X? The X model has a few more features. ;)

bought a Pret Cynic this year, nice style, fit, light weight all in all a great buy, little breezy for cold weather, fixed that with some duct tape. having trouble with chin strap, wont stay length I adjust it too. Little dab of hot melt glue fixed that. Thanks Pret for joining the community!!

drewski

Putting on skis
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Cynic,was looking for the X but all they had was the cynic. Only found one store that had Pret helmets, doesn't seem to popular on the east coast

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Cynic,was looking for the X but all they had was the cynic. Only found one store that had Pret helmets, doesn't seem to popular on the east coast
We stopped in 6 shops today..yes, there as all the room in the world for growth in the east

skimore1

Booting up
Instructor
Just noticed the test team picture, with Philpug in full on test mode, with two different boots on! A classic! Testing at a higher level.

This is good stuff. Great to see it evolving.
I noticed that too makes the testing go faster!

David

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Skier
When are the reviews coming or are they posted elsewhere?

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
is there anything in particular you are looking for or concerned with? I ski with the Cynic x. Its a light feeling helmet that works well. As some state it can be chilly on windy or cold days (10-15*ff) but I just wear a smart wool ultralight beanie or a PUGSKI buff and pull it up on my head, I wear a buff nearly everyday regardless. If you want closable vents, the Shaman has vents. Hemets are expensive but they serve a purpose. The Cynic X which has MIPs is a very reasonably priced lid.

David

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Skier
A couple of years ago I purchased Giro Onset goggles and a Giro Element(?) helmet but didn't use the helmet until last weekend. I bought whay they said was their lowest profile helmet and it paired with my goggles. Well the helmet looks huge and with the hood on my coat I can't zip it up all the way like I can without the helmet. The biggest issue though is before I finished my second run my goggles fogged and froze so bad I couldn't see to ski or even walk back to my car and these goggles have never fogged before at all. I want a low profile helmet that also allows me enough room to zip my jacket on those really cold days and that will vent with my goggles. I've always liked the look of the Pret but I was told your helmet & goggles need to be made by the same company so they will vent well.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I have the Cynic X and now the Lyric X. I can't imagine owning another helmet of any other brand. They are SO comfortable, don't push my goggles down on my face like other brands did, and come in cool colors. I'm with Ron, I also wear a thin beanie under mine unless it's really warm out, but I've done that with any helmet I've ever owned.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
A couple of years ago I purchased Giro Onset goggles and a Giro Element(?) helmet but didn't use the helmet until last weekend. I bought whay they said was their lowest profile helmet and it paired with my goggles. Well the helmet looks huge and with the hood on my coat I can't zip it up all the way like I can without the helmet. The biggest issue though is before I finished my second run my goggles fogged and froze so bad I couldn't see to ski or even walk back to my car and these goggles have never fogged before at all. I want a low profile helmet that also allows me enough room to zip my jacket on those really cold days and that will vent with my goggles. I've always liked the look of the Pret but I was told your helmet & goggles need to be made by the same company so they will vent well.
I wear Oakley goggles, boyfriend wears Smith, we both wear Pret helmets. It is wise to try your goggles on with the helmet just to be safe.

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
I am wearing Anon M2's and that jacket has a very high collar. I have no issues. As you can see the Cynic X is a low profile helmet.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
  • Tricia
    The Velvet Hammer
  • Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January