• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

SkiFree

Chris
Skier
Hi there,

I have started teaching for Disabled Sports Eastern Sierra at Mammoth Mountain! They have told me that I need a pair of skis for teaching (I only have GS skis at 183cm and above). I need to be able to demo short radius slow speed turns and not get my skis all tangled up with kids when using a SkiPal assistive device. Skis around 165-174cm, a radius of 13 or less, and a waist width of 66-78 would be desirable, but beggars can't be choosers. I would prefer skis with bindings (as long as nothing is indemnified) if at all possible.

I am not sure if this is the correct place to post something like this. If not, feel free to move it!

TS
SkiFree

SkiFree

Chris
Skier
College student, so the lower the better. $250 and below would be desirable. Thank you for the link though! Those are certainly nice skis.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Someone here is selling a pair of Head Rallys @ 163cm. They'd be perfect. He was asking 400, but imho you should offer 250. Win win for you two.

at_nyc

Getting off the lift
Pass Pulled
Ski swap would be the best. But I think the “swap season” is probably done?

That’s where I got mine when I first started out, at a ski swap. Old skis, many years out of date, but still got decent edges left.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I have a pair of Kicker Filibusters that would be a great option. 173 and 69mm underfoot that make a really nice turn at different speeds.

TS
SkiFree

SkiFree

Chris
Skier
I have a pair of Kicker Filibusters that would be a great option. 173 and 69mm underfoot that make a really nice turn at different speeds.
I can't find a shred of info on those skis. Do you have pictures? The website appears to be defunct.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
I can't find a shred of info on those skis. Do you have pictures? The website appears to be defunct.

Hehe don't worry about it - most of the non-corporate info about the Filibuster on the forums has been written by Phil, Eric over on DCski,SkiDiva and ...me. Next best thing, you know?

The Filibuster is a great ski for the purpose, extremely playful yet quiet, but with a finesse rental skis do not have. If they had made more of them, in better snow years...*sigh* Playful like something built by Line, damp like a Fischer park ski, edge sensitivity of a mid-range Atomic. Will you want more when teaching - No. It will do anything you want, as slow as you want. Will you want more than it can give you when clinic-ing? Maybe. Later on (when not teaching kiddies and more money is available) you can pick up something along the lines of an old Blizzard Magnum or something.

If I can remember to look for it, I can take snaps of my old Kicker brochure.

Last edited:
TS
SkiFree

SkiFree

Chris
Skier
Update: Turns out an ex racer friend of mine has some trainers I can borrow for the season. Looks like I will, in fact, Ski Free.

Vinnie

Getting on the lift
Skier
I have Fischer Motiv 86 Ti @168cm, 17m radius and Griffon bindings available for $300 plus shipping. Let me know if interested

Sponsor

Staff online