• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

USST Uniforms for 2018 Olympics in PyeongChang

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I know all the goofy neon one piece stuff didn't come until the 90s but here in the NorthEast, even at the peak of the 90s, I still bet the most popular colors were Navy Blue.
upload_2017-10-31_12-54-48.jpeg

I've also got this North Face one..
upload_2017-10-31_12-55-37.jpeg

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
The 90s called they want their "You young punks get off my lawn!" Back.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
The 90s called they want their "You young punks get off my lawn!" Back.
90s?? Pffft!
I remember hearing that hollered at me in the 70s. Pretty sure it is a timeless tradition. I now do the same thing to my son's friends when they try to hang out in our yard when he's not home.

I still have this poster..
fba02fae2974c11750aa22b5ba919ed4--sticker-design-this-is-awesome.jpg

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
Warmest piece of ski clothing that I ever had was a very limited edition Phenix one piece made for the Norwegian team. Only one piece I have ever seen with full side zips up to the waist, so the whole thing could be removed at the start. The waist up was all down insulated, with a huge hood. A zillion pockets. Off white/ gray with Norge logo screened in it, and Norge ribbons on the arms, across the back and chest, etc.

If you see one in an XXL, in Quebec, maybe Ontario, it was stolen from me about 25 years ago.

Have lots of race clothing memories. My dad gave me a Christmas present in 1970, when I was 16. Full French team kit. Pants, sweater, speed jacket with the padded shoulders arms and spine {which was not really a thing then}. This was long before you could buy team clothing. When they got one set for a season, not a new one got every race. Loved that look.

I hope the alpine unis are not the Marvel speed suits. Assume they will not be. Probably a lot of white. LV's preference.

Not loving what's been revealed thus far!

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Has anyone seen the other uniforms yet?

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Those old school stretch pants were pretty decent to ski in, t
I still have a few vintage pair of those. While I still think they're pretty comfy, I also have a few pair of new stretch ski pants made with technical materials which are far more comfortable and move a lot better.

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Maybe the strategy was to get the worst uniforms out of the way first? Then by comparison everything else would look great.

I don't have a problem with them, the Olympics are about entertainment. Besides, the world needs painters and firemen.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I wonder if the time and money spent on the uniform design and fashion show is the best way to allocate resources. At least it's generating some interest.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Well, here are the closing ceremony uniforms. The models look a bit chunky, don't you think?
closing-ceremony-uniform.jpg
IKR, somebody get them some sammiches or somethin'

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
Are those models figure skaters? Look too tall. Nordic skiers? Girl seems too thin. Guy, maybe. Unsure of ideal body type for a curler.

I wonder if the time and money spent on the uniform design and fashion show is the best way to allocate resources. At least it's generating some interest.

I'm pretty sure that in terms of the alpine uniforms, and training clothes, used ditigbthe regular season, Spyder pays the USST about $500K a season, and obviously provides an awful lot of clothing. I heard the number of jackets, pants.suits, and it was staggering. The money comes to the team. Not the other way around. Pretty big swing in what the various sponsor patches bring in, as well.

I assume that for alpine skiing, that deal includes the Olympic ski specific clothing.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Has anyone seen the other uniforms yet?
They showed up on TV the other day NBC Today Show I think. Again they are designed by RL and this time he had them made in the USA.

Burton

Getting on the lift
Skier
^That's a pretty good look by the standards of olympic ceremony outfits. Definitely a throw-back to the 70s. Kind of a CB vibe to that jacket. Just lose the polo logos. Logos bug me.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester