• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

USST Uniforms for 2018 Olympics in PyeongChang

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The USST is starting to announce the different discipline's uniforms for the PyeongChang 2018 Olympics
First up -
Freeski team

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
They've been back for a few years.

Well, they never 100% left but only saw a few new styles and the usual beginners with older versions still out there from decades gone by.. Like the Onesie, they haven't been mainstream for awhile, just a few niche sources. I would expect after the games the new style bibs will be HOT and everywhere next fall. i.e. BBACK!

Mike Thomas

Whiteroom
Industry Insider
"The North Face wanted to make the uniforms custom for us by using images our parents supplied... which is something you don't see in a regular jacket... it's custom"

Gonna guess his career after skiing won't involve organic chemistry (unless it involves thc/cbd).

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
"The North Face wanted to make the uniforms custom for us by using images our parents supplied... which is something you don't see in a regular jacket... it's custom"

Gonna guess his career after skiing won't involve organic chemistry (unless it involves thc/cbd).
:huh: ...that thing looks like a pimped out lab jacket to me.:)

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Looks vaguely industrial and not tremendously exciting. Can't see a huge run on team replica kit.

Wolfski

Getting on the lift
Skier
I may be old school, OK, I am old school. So, when are they going to show the new uniforms for Team USA?

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I may be old school, OK, I am old school. So, when are they going to show the new uniforms for Team USA?
Yes bring back padded sweaters and stretch pants!
twin-brothers-steve-and-phil-mahre-from-the-usa-before-the-mens-of-picture-id685190779

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
It's clearly deFORM over function. In America we can dress pretty much how we choose, but there are some things that just look too uncomfortable and anti performance for me to ever follow those trends. But heck, they can still rip way better than I ever did with those performance obstacles so power to them! I wonder of the pants grab will ever be scored in the DOD for airs???

Frankly

Upwind of NY
Pass Pulled
Those old school stretch pants were pretty decent to ski in, they supported your muscles and looked surprisingly good if you were in decent shape. I had an expensive pair of nice ones and wore them for years, all kinds of weather, really very good performance for "old fashioned" fabrics and technology. Paired with some side zips you could handle anything.

Wool sweaters are pretty versatile too. Not in white but those Demetre padded ones weren't bad at all and you did get to feel like a bit Supermanish with extra arm muscles. It was the cotton turtlenecks we had underneath that sucked.

Dang I even miss the CB Sports pullovers and baseball jackets. Marker safety strap just under my knee to hold my tendons in place lol.

I know all the goofy neon one piece stuff didn't come until the 90s but here in the NorthEast, even at the peak of the 90s, I still bet the most popular colors were Navy Blue.

~~

The whole pants-dragging urban jail culture applied to modern snow sports is an ironic joke... perpetrated on the parents who pay for that junk.

Sponsor