• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
@Trica

What the heck

And were is said Spoiler Alert?

Not that it mattered as it was canceled

But for future reference I guess I need to know

No worries, I had already watched, at least through Vonn's run. My post was really just a reminder.
Especially when races are in Europe it is difficult to avoid results, more so when you are on the West Coast. I have learned to avoid the race threads and other sports media outlets but I wouldn't expect to see results in a fashion thread. ;)
Thanks for your consideration.

Oh yeah, Vonn could easily score points from her position in a combined. Mancuso, not so much.

Last edited:

James

Out There
Instructor
The FIS Ski site has the results on it. This ought to work;

http://medias1.fis-ski.com/pdf/2018/AL/5037/2018AL5037RLR1.pdf

Thanks.
Yeah, she's 0.5 sec behind Lara Gut.
Hardly a surprise.
When's the last time Lindsey was on the podium in a slalom race?
Shiffrin wasn't racing likely.

So, since this is an Olympic year, expect the press to make this a story. It's just to easy to rehash.
Just like in 2006 Bode got pigeon holed and attacked. Not that he didn't walk into his own self seeded mine field. Once there's an angle, people tend to stick with it. Probably Matt Lauer won't be around this time.

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
Thanks.
Yeah, she's 0.5 sec behind Lara Gut.
Hardly a surprise.
When's the last time Lindsey was on the podium in a slalom race?
Shiffrin wasn't racing likely.

So, since this is an Olympic year, expect the press to make this a story. It's just to easy to rehash.
Just like in 2006 Bode got pigeon holed and attacked. Not that he didn't walk into his own self seeded mine field. Once there's an angle, people tend to stick with it. Probably Matt Lauer won't be around this time.

Not sure when LV was last on a podium, but she won at Levi about 10 years ago. She was no SL slouch. When she was a kid, at Whistler Cup and Topolino, she was thought of as being the next amazing SL skier. Then she moved to Vail, started making those big turns, grew, and grew, and became fearless.

With all of her surgeries and beat up body, she still can be sort of respectable in a combined. I think.

She and Mancuso are, from all that I hear in two very different places. I think we might see something out of LV. Podiums, a win or two. I just think Julia is too beat up.

But both are good for the press, and the PR for NBC, various sponsors and the USST. I kind of expect Mancuso to declare that she's done just before the US names the team. Then be there with NBC.

2006. Ugh. Now that's when Matt Lauer was rumored to be first getting very cozy with one of his co-workers. And right after Torino is I think when Bode hired his first very serious agent.

Muleski

Inactive
Had lunch with a buddy who has held VERY senior jobs with two of the big athletic shoe companies, running their sports wear and clothing businesses. He's retired now, and does a fair amount of consulting. I did not ask him about LV, but I did ask about UA {he did not work for them, BTW}. He thinks they have a serious challenge in terms of the clothing and sportswear. Missed a wide open window, and stuck to the serious "Under Armor." The compression stuff, etc. They own a great slice of that market, but people just do not think of it as casual sportswear. Particularly not most women. We were in a coffee shop, and there was a lot of LuLuLemon, a lot of Patagonia, etc. His comment was "see any Under Armor?" We did, on a high school guy. Even had the school name and a number on it........

I wonder what they pay LV? Has to be a very big contract.

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Speaking of getting dark...what's with the excessive black eye makeup? She could almost pass for a raccoon.

....albeit a very attractive one.

In this shot?
View attachment 34378

Not really that dark if you zoom in. Anyway, hair and makeup would be settled with the art director for asveetizing. Since it's her line she would have a lot of input. Usually they're going for something. So you'll probably see more of this in inside shots. Likely to be some outdoor too and it'll be different.
This is sort of city casual, just got off the slopes at Vail. There'll be more style later going out. Or hang here.
I wonder if Head has to pay Under Armor for product placement. Likely.

its the eyes you noticed???!!!! :doh:

Yo Momma

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Hmmm.........interesting as UA is HUGE up here in Northern VT as far as casual sports/work wear. Not particularly w/ the ski crowd, but w/ highway workers, hunters, hikers, snowmobilers, general outdoors, loggers, 4x4's, and the under 30 crowd. It's pretty much the new goto brand up here along w/ Carhartt, due to a highly competitive pricing structure.

It's pretty much UA on the inside and Carhartt on the outside........... but now starting to see a lot more UA on the outside......... The brands that stick up here are the brands that can handle the intense grind of a day in the woods. I've blown through cheap gear using my chainsaw cutting trails and trees in an hour........... UA and Carhartt last..........

Last edited:

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
No worries, I had already watched, at least through Vonn's run. My post was really just a reminder.
Especially when races are in Europe it is difficult to avoid results, more so when you are on the West Coast. I have learned to avoid the race threads and other sports media outlets but I wouldn't expect to see results in a fashion thread. ;)
Thanks for your consideration.

Oh yeah, Vonn could easily score points from her position in a combined. Mancuso, not so much.

real question is Jim,....why were you reading a fashion thread??!!:micdrop:

Muleski

Inactive
wow! JM actually started!!!

Yep, how about that? Skied the SL leg. Surprised and perplexed by that one. Has to do with being able to start the SG tomorrow. That start list will be expanded to include aloof the SL finishers, if any were not planning on racing the SG tomorrow, I assume.

Where she starts? Dunno. Have not looked for a start list.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The
@Trica

What the heck

And were is said Spoiler Alert?

Not that it mattered as it was canceled

But for future reference I guess I need to know
Click on the quote box next to the media box and select Spoiler. You can post your content in the spoiler quote. :D
Screen Shot 2017-12-08 at 3.23.56 PM.png

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
*I'm wondering if some of this content should be moved to the racing thread. :huh:

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I don’t know much about fashion but this is my friend Dani who just cut a deal with UA. She may not be known in the USA but she is a big deal in Australia & #2 in the world in Aerials. She is as dedicated to training as Vonn & Shiffrin, watch for her in the upcoming Olympics.
View attachment 34427

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/e...l/news-story/8330ba7ee3ecd6ff9931308d39fcebec

I was fortunate to have been her first coach when she switched from gymnastics to skiing when she was a teenager. Best attitude ever! I remember telling her that she could always be a ski model if the aerial thing didn’t work out. Looks like things are going well on both fronts.

real question is Jim,....why were you reading a fashion thread??!!:micdrop:
When it comes to Under Armour fashion, @4ster has other UA interests. ;)

Ventura

Booting up
Skier
Wishing that LV would have kept politics out of her comments. I'm sure that UA wishes she hadn't made such comments either. Up until this point, part of my enjoyment of being a ski racing fan and night league hack was that people did a great job of keeping politics off the slopes. I hope that when beer league starts that the seeds LV dropped have blown far away so there are no non-skiing arguments.

I almost hate to bring it up, but wanted to give a :thumb: to the forum for keeping this discussion civil. We'll just keep the fistfights over Volkl vs. Atomic vs. Rossi...

Fishbowl

A Parallel Universe
Skier
Despite Vonn's comments, I'll never give up my UA Cold Gear compression base layers.

Sponsor

Staff online