• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tyrone Shoelaces video stoke from 2009

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Some of you may remember Tyrone Shoelaces from Epic. This is a video he posted 9 years ago, which recently resurfaced on FB.
With his permission, I'm posting it here because......well, because you'll see!
@Nobody remembers this and some of you may too!

Nobody

Out of my mind, back in five.
Skier
Yes! I remember Tyrone well!
I like this video so much that I enjoy watching it afain and again every time it comes to my mind. Never gets.old, and I.fell it was perfectly edited as well, tension bulds up exactly the way it should, music is 100% spot on, and, as said, the happy endind ensures I come back again to watch it.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Should call this... Caught between a rock and a hard place!

eBay posting... Skis for sale.. used just one run!

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
I haven't run into him for several years? Where he be?

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I haven't run into him for several years? Where he be?
He stopped being so "extreme" when he realized there was no end to the next level of extreme until start suffering big consequences.
Now he races mt bikes and does something closely related to mountain biking, (not sure what it is) so he's taking mountain biking to th next extreme. ;)

Nobody

Out of my mind, back in five.
Skier
Should call this... Caught between a rock and a hard place!

eBay posting... Skis for sale.. used just one run!
I think he was on a pair of PMGear Bro models. I wonder , but I suspect those held better than my Gotama which, after last Saturday little venture (not comparable at all to the above video) in the backcountry suffered a core shot and nearly-torn-out-of- frame edge damage and are now at the repair shop. I hope to get em back in shape and that everything will hold during next April freeride trip (well, not a leisure skiing trip but a skiing trip nonetheless)

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I think he was on a pair of PMGear Bro models. I wonder , but I suspect those held better than my Gotama which, after last Saturday little venture (not comparable at all to the above video) in the backcountry suffered a core shot and nearly-torn-out-of- frame edge damage and are now at the repair shop. I hope to get em back in shape and that everything will hold during next April freeride trip (well, not a leisure skiing trip but a skiing trip nonetheless)

Ya at least he was comped by PM Gear back then so he probably got a new pair after wrecking those..

SSSdave

Skier
He stopped being so "extreme" when he realized there was no end to the next level of extreme until start suffering big consequences.
Now he races mt bikes and does something closely related to mountain biking, (not sure what it is) so he's taking mountain biking to th next extreme. ;)

I believe he posts here under a different handle.

Good was wondering if he wrecked his body ending up on the side lines though indeed expected more likely just changed his handle and probably over on the TGR board. Strong bump skier way back.

RonShev

Booting up
Skier
Good was wondering if he wrecked his body ending up on the side lines though indeed expected more likely just changed his handle and probably over on the TGR board. Strong bump skier way back.

Hey Dave - wow long time no talk eh? Nope, did not wreck anything :) body is functioning as well as ever as far as I can tell lol, have just taken a hiatus from any / all forums (haven't really posted on TGR in years either)..still skiing, though not as much as I used to (hoping to get up in this great looking storm that will hit us in a few days), and spending most of my free time on various bikes pursuing all kinds of adventures and goals there.

I had a good run with skiing...and I'll always be a 'skier' even if I've taken a bit of a break from it.

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I used to love to see Tyrone's posts. He/you Ron? was/are such a beautiful, graceful skier whether extreme stuff or not. Always a pleasure to see.

RonShev

Booting up
Skier
I used to love to see Tyrone's posts. He/you Ron? was/are such a beautiful, graceful skier whether extreme stuff or not. Always a pleasure to see.

Wow thanks for the kind compliment. Yep, I'm "Tyrone". One of the reason I stopped posting on forums so much was that I was growing tired of skiing with my friends, and having people come up asking if I was "Tyrone" and I'm like "uhhh, ummm yeah"...while my friends are looking at me strangely like why are they calling you Tyrone lol? Got pretty old fast :) So that is why I have something pretty darn close to my real name now

SSSdave

Skier
...I had a good run with skiing...and I'll always be a 'skier' even if I've taken a bit of a break from it.

...I'm back in the saddle again

I'm back
I'm back in the saddle again
I'm back
Umm...come easy, go easy
Alright 'til the rising sun
I'm calling all the shots tonight
I'm like a loaded gun

Sponsor

Staff online