• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Colorado TR: 11th Annual Mother's Day at Arapahoe Basin

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Good to see some of my buds representing the East. Looks like fun!

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Good to see some of my buds representing the East. Looks like fun!
One of these days you'll have to bring your lovely wife and meet Vince in Colorado for Mother's Day.
There is normally a strong East Coast contingent.

TS
James

James

Out There
Instructor
Some photos from the phone. Editing by ios10

Another great week in May at Arapahoe Basin. Consider going next year if you've never been. A special place that's small but can ski about as big as you want. You'll get hard snow to spring slush. Warm to cold often in the same day. Whiteout to bright, really bright, sun. We just missed the big dump of 2 feet. You never know who you'll see there. This year was the Chinese freestyle team for a few days and then Mikaela and Mom for a couple days. It's pretty cool to ski the same exact trail and conditions as the best in the world.

Thanks to @Philpug and @Tricia for the gathering and a plethora of demos; @Cgeib and Lgeib for a great place to stay; @SBrown, @SkiNurse for the house arrangements; @dean_spirito for the jumping lesson; @Bob Barnes for the neutral clinic and technique talk, @Drahtguy Kevin for the skiing and trash talk; @Gaby for Monday skiing, pizza and ride to Denver; @FairToMiddlin for the range instruction; @Mr.Vertical /GZ for the food and grilling; and everyone who showed up to make it a great week.

Went into Black Mountain Lodge looking for someone who wasn't there and ran into this song...

"Into the Black" performed by the Chromatics 2012, Album: Kill for Love, Italians Do It Better Records. Vocals Ruth Radelet
"Hey, Hey, My, My (Into the Black)" written by Neil Young and Jeff Blackburn 1979, Album: Rust Never Sleeps, Reprise Records

Skiers pictured:
@FairToMiddlin, @Cgeib , @jimmy, @James, @dean_spirito, @Drahtguy Kevin, @Mike King, @Philpug, @Bob Barnes , Nellie, @MaryG , @Gary Stolt , @coskigirl ,Matt, @Gaby , @Doug Briggs, @RachelV , @Tricia

Last edited:
TS
James

James

Out There
Instructor
hah, yeah that's it. I think I fixed it now. The video using part of that disappeared when I closed google drive. Should be back now.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Really great video. I especially love it that your bread made a special appearance.

In the beginning talk of getting stuff to make bread I was a bit perplexed, but all 4 loaves you made were devoured. Thanks for sharing your special treat with the ski house.
You're right, A-Basin is a special place with an amazing vibe. Thanks for being a part of the vibe!

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
If you can get me some canned O2, I'd be really happy!
perri-air-mel-brooks.jpg

Sponsor

Staff online