• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Torn LCL...Anyone Ski With One?

Pat AKA mustski

It’s no Secret! It’s a Ranger!
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I've been prescribed a Don Joy that will be fitted to me. I'm guessing it's similar to that one. Thanks for sharing that! It's encouraging that even though he has no stability without it, it helps him immensely while skiing. I still have quite a lot of stability in the knee, hence my ability to hike and mountain bike and ski since the initial injury. Now, I have to wait several weeks for the brace! Gah! I guess I should be glad ski season is taking its time getting here?
It will be totally worth it. He can ride and hike with no problem ... but skiing? UH UH. The brace completely stabilizes him.

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider
So, if the scar tissue is already there (after 3 years, it definitely is) then how effective would this be? I'm all for PT if it will help quite a lot.

We’re not static; tissues are always breaking down & remodeling, but 12 weeks is this minimum for tissue change to occur. :)

TS
AmyPJ

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
We’re not static; tissues are always breaking down & remodeling, but 12 weeks is this minimum for tissue change to occur. :)
So, even ligaments? I'm totally going to look into this. I wonder if an MRI will be wanted? The old one shows nothing in that area because there was too much inflammation.

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider
So, even ligaments? I'm totally going to look into this. I wonder if an MRI will be wanted? The old one shows nothing in that area because there was too much inflammation.

If you have a patella tendon or hamstring graft imaged 2 years after being used for an ACL reconstruction, they resemble a ligament - not a tendon.

Sponsor

Staff online