• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Levy1

Putting on skis
Skier
The 3-piece kit makes it fast and easy I'm really enjoying the speed I can finish the skis. In addition I bought a little $8 handheld vibrating sander which I attached the finish Scotch-Brite type fabric for polishing.

Jason Kurth

Putting on skis
Skier
Any compact cordless drills/screwdrivers that have enough torque/speed for rotobrushing? Trying to pack lighter and was originally going to just bring hand brushes for traveling but it might be worth it to bring the rotobrush. Bringing the big cordless drill/charger is a bit of a pain though.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Any compact cordless drills/screwdrivers that have enough torque/speed for rotobrushing? Trying to pack lighter and was originally going to just bring hand brushes for traveling but it might be worth it to bring the rotobrush. Bringing the big cordless drill/charger is a bit of a pain though.

Unless you are planning to tune a large team's skis, just bring the hand brushes. How often will you wax anyway?

Jason Kurth

Putting on skis
Skier
That was my original thought but reading this thread about benefits of rotobrushing and enjoying using mine yesterday got me thinking of maybe bringing it.

Last edited:

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
@Jason Kurth , roto brushes are great. For very little energy expended they provide a great finish. Hand brushes will do just as well but with more elbow grease required. I don't generally bother with anything besides a couple of stones for touching up edges when I travel for recreation. Racing on the other hand is a different story. One of the benches lives in this garage. The other two came courtesy of my buddies.

20180218_175450_Stackyard Lane(0).jpg

20180217_171113_Stackyard Lane_crop.jpg

Skis for three racers.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Reviving a dead thread. Can anyone who has the SVST roto brush kit tell me if the black grip comes off the shaft to change brushes or do you have to un-chuck the shaft from the drill? And if I only wanted to buy one brush right now am I better of getting the 6mm horsehair or the 7mm nylon? I care more about removing excess wax than getting a fine polish. I'm not a racer.

Last edited:

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
The Swix rotobrush handle is quick release. Great quick way to change. You can also get a double axle for it

TheArchitect

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Thanks, @PeterMN

The Swix rotobrush handle is quick release. Great quick way to change. You can also get a double axle for it

I'll check it. I want 140mm or 150mm wide brushes so I can do single passes.

This is quick change too, plus 150mm vs 100mm

View attachment 114737

I've looked at that option but others here have mentioned QC issues. What I've been trying to buy is the Sidecut 150mm kit but it's been out of stock for long enough that I'm looking at alternatives.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
We run the SVST double wide rotobrush handle. No changing required.

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Thanks, @PeterMN

I'll check it. I want 140mm or 150mm wide brushes so I can do single passes.

I've looked at that option but others here have mentioned QC issues. What I've been trying to buy is the Sidecut 150mm kit but it's been out of stock for long enough that I'm looking at alternatives.
I'll let you know in week or so.

TheArchitect

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
How many of the roto users in this thread are now at least 50% liquid wax users (by wax volume)?

I've never used a liquid wax. I'm assuming it's an easier, faster process than using an iron w/fiberlene? Less need or no need to use a roto brush after? Does a liquid wax application last more than a day of skiing?

Sponsor

Staff online