• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Individual Review 2016 Transpack Heated Boot Pro Bag

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Transpack has long been a leader in boot bag/backpack integration, and the new Heated Boot Pro is its first endeavor into heated bags. I remember when @Tricia bought me my first heated boot bag, I thought it was the most ostentatious piece of gear out there. Now I will not go to the mountain without it. Trust me, there is nothing like starting the day with toasty warm boots.
Transpack's heated bag is different than any of its other designs. I hated airline travel with my old heated bag because it wouldn’t fit in the overhead compartment. I ended up using my Transpack Sidekick Pro because it did fit, but doing that left me without my heated bag. The Heated Boot Pro will actually fit inside overhead compartments, so airline travel is much more simple, and my skiing experience will not be compromised. The Heated Boot Pro has all the features and compartments I expect from Transpack along with the Transpack quality I have experienced over the years.

WHO IS IT FOR? Airline travelers who still want a heated bag.

WHO IS IT NOT FOR? Packrat Paul. While the Heated Boot Pro has a lot of pockets, at only 37L, you'll need to pack smart.

INSIDER TIP: With the 12v car charger, you can warm your cinnamon rolls on the way to the mountain.

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
LOVE my heated bag! Buy one and your life will change. Not quite as good as revolutionary as toilet paper but quite close :thumb: I really would hate to start my mornings without either one

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
So, if I don't typically fly but do want a heated bag, would you still recommend this one? It looks like you're not supposed to shove your helmet inside, and your other stuff (gloves, neck gaiter, etc) would just kind of be dumped on top of the boots - is that right?

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
So, if I don't typically fly but do want a heated bag, would you still recommend this one? It looks like you're not supposed to shove your helmet inside, and your other stuff (gloves, neck gaiter, etc) would just kind of be dumped on top of the boots - is that right?
There is a strap on place for your helmet, just like the other Hot Gear Bags that we've used.
Helmets on the outside.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Good timing. I plan to be traveling with boots etc to tag on to business trips next year and was trying to decide what to do about bags. I'll add it to my Christmas list.

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Unfortunate they haven't added heating to the Comp pro bag which holds everything! ! I am thinking about putting a couple of heating pads in mine to see how it works

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
image.png

I use these in my TRV Pro. They keep my boots warm on the way up the hill, and they dry them out on the way down the hill.
It's a lot cheaper than a heated boot bag and more effective at drying out boots.

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
Fwiw. I hook up a timer to my bag. It goes on At 5am. By the time I get to the mountain the liners and shells are warm and soft. Getting boots on is super easy and since the shells and liners are thoroughly warmed, my boots stay warmer, longer too. I don't use the bag really for air travel, I find it as an essential for just prepping my boots. I do travel to summit county often(Abasin & Copper) and I can plug into the 110 outlet in my grand Cherokee Booting up into warm shells is so much better. I dry liners with a "dry guy" but there's no comparison to how the bag preps the boots.

Drahtguy Kevin

Après aficionado
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I do as @Ron does as far as using the bag to prep my boots. The nice thing about the bag is I can throw my gloves and socks in the boot compartment so they're warm as well. A dram or two of brandy warmed overnight is also a treat with my coffee and first breakfast.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
There is a strap on place for your helmet, just like the other Hot Gear Bags that we've used.
Helmets on the outside.
I bet I could squeeze my helmet inside this bag. But my boots are small. I put my helmet inside my current HGB with my boots no problem. Actually, so does my husband. Worst case when flying? Wear your helmet! (J/K, kinda.) :0

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I bet I could squeeze my helmet inside this bag. But my boots are small. I put my helmet inside my current HGB with my boots no problem. Actually, so does my husband. Worst case when flying? Wear your helmet! (J/K, kinda.) :0
I can easily put my helmet inside my HGB. The Transpack is a bit smaller, but with a 23 boot or smaller you could probably get the helmet inside. We'll get some photos this morning to show how it all fits.

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
I do as @Ron does as far as using the bag to prep my boots. The nice thing about the bag is I can throw my gloves and socks in the boot compartment so they're warm as well. A dram or two of brandy warmed overnight is also a treat with my coffee and first breakfast.

See, this site provides essential information to make anyone a better skier. :beercheer:

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
For travel, I use a Sidekick pro. I like the ability to take my boots off the pack when on CRJ's where the whole pack won't fit in the overhead. I take my heated bag, fold it up and put it inside my ski bag (another reason why softbags are far better than hard sporttubes)

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
My hack is even more ghetto. Start your handwarmers off inside your boots. When you're ready to put on your boots, transfer the warmers to your mittens.

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
These hacks work to an extent, but they aren't even close to what the bag does. I didn't really care until I got Zipfits, and then it's really really really nice to have the entire thing heat up.

You can buy an element directly from Hot Gear; I wonder how it would go in a regular bag. It's $59, so maybe trying a large heating pad first would work. (this has the car charger attachment, though)

Last edited:

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
These hacks work to an extent, but they aren't even close to what the bag does. I didn't really care until I got Zipfits, and then it's really really really nice to have the entire thing heat up.

You can buy an element directly from Hot Gear; I wonder how it would go in a regular bag. It's $59, so maybe trying a large heating pad first would work. (this has the car charger attachment, though)

Yeah, I've been considering getting a heated bag. But the hacks have the benefit of not requiring any additional expenditures, so they fill a need.

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
image.jpeg

I am sticking to my ghetto rig! Heated bags are for sissies:0

Sponsor

Staff online