• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

The "stupid good online deals" thread?

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Nothing good can possibly come of this.
It's like passing a bottle in front of a thirsty alcoholic. :nono:

I already picked up 3 pairs of skis this summer already. I DO NOT need any more.

Note to self. Need a larger pod for the road trip. :eek:

TS
jmeb

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
These can be fun. Don't forget our sponsors either, @SkiEssentials, @FOTM and @Sierrajim make sure you give them the opportunuity to meet or beat a deal. They usually can.

Yep. Sometimes, when deals are really stupid low, I almost feel like its insulting to ask them to match.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Yep. Sometimes, when deals are really stupid low, I almost feel like its insulting to ask them to match.
Let them say "no" don't assume. If it is a legitamate deal...they might take it or they might give you another option that is as good or better.

SkiEssentials

Slashing Turns and Prices
SkiTalk Sponsor

Don't worry, we won't feel insulted. We will always try to match or beat a price as long as it's "apples to apples" (i.e. same ski, same length, etc), especially for a PugSkier!

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
Not sure we have one of these. But for when you find deals that others should know about, but don't need a whole thread.

Here's a nice starter: Head Monster 98s w/ Attack 13 bindings in 177cm -- NEW -- for $260 shipped from a reputable dealer (AsoGear == Corbetts Ski)

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/2016-Head-Mo...10-Bindings-/201548210664?hash=item2eed35a1e8

Or -- if a Monster 83 is more your ticket -- $250 for 149, 163, 170, and 177 at: https://www.levelninesports.com/head-monster-83-ti-skis
Thanks @jmeb , got me off the fence. I have had these (98's) on my watch list, and figured I better pull the trigger now since the 184's sold out at $349. These will be my new daily drivers and will be the shortest skis I've been on in decades.

Last edited:

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Saw that price drop on the Monster 98 skis on Asogear as well and I'm tempted to grab them for another "charger" ski. Have bought 8 pairs of skis in the last year or so from Asogear so know them well. Lol

Great deals on Kore 93/105/117 skis on that site matched with Attack 13 bindings to tempt me too! Just got another pair of Attack 13 bindings from them for a pair of Armada El Rey skis in the quiver.

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
I got a set of two, weak attempt at humor. I should add that they had these at around $225 Labor Day weekend and a special including the matching skins at like $325, but that combo is currently $342.

Last edited:

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Don't worry, we won't feel insulted. We will always try to match or beat a price as long as it's "apples to apples" (i.e. same ski, same length, etc), especially for a PugSkier!

I'll plug something on their website, women's CW/X tights for $25. Pro tight is XS only, insulated is M only, but that works for me...

SkiEssentials

Slashing Turns and Prices
SkiTalk Sponsor
I'll plug something on their website, women's CW/X tights for $25. Pro tight is XS only, insulated is M only, but that works for me...

I first read this as "I'll pug something on their website," and had a nice chuckle.

This CWX nonsense is true: http://www.skiessentials.com/nsearch?q=cwx

Please don't ask me to explain how that price is possible. I have no clue. :huh:

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

eltigra

Yankee in the south
Skier
I bought these in the spring for twice that! And thought it was a good deal :eek:

when I bought the last pair from them I think a paid $79.95, I think there just trying to off load all the rossi brand name ones...

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January