• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
Mother Nature forgot her meds the last couple of days. Love the warmer temps, but the liquid snow falling isn't helping. Good thing company year end coming up. I'm not missing anything.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I had a nice powder day on Sunday, well sorta powder day but I'll take the few inches that fell. Even Monday it was packed down a lot more but still not hard pack or ice so my Vantage 90s did just dandy. I'm trying not to be annoyed by how warm it is today because being annoyed isn't going to change anything. Just hoping the temps go back down. I am working/skiing this weekend in western mass and I think it's supposed to rain so hopefully that changes. I'm ok with skiing in rain for 1 day but not the whole weekend. We'll see. I try and be optimistic for the days/weeks to come. I guess it will be just a question is will it get cold again and for how long, will we get a winder storm in late march like last year and just when will my spring skiing sticks come out to play.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
What no one Bitching about todays weather???:huh:

x10003q

Out on the slopes
Skier
We hit 78F here in north NJ today. We had 9 inches of snow on the ground Sunday morning and its all gone today.

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
We hit 78F here in north NJ today. We had 9 inches of snow on the ground Sunday morning and its all gone today.

Meanwhile we are in the 50s here in Phoenix today. I had to put on pants.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Whitetail announcement on the home page :

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Due to the forecasted inclement weather, Whitetail Resort will be closed for skiing, boarding, and snow tubing (tomorrow) Thursday, Feb. 22nd. We will be re-opening Friday (Feb. 23rd) morning with regular operating hours as we prepare for a great weekend.

They closed 1 main run yesterday, and 2 more of their main runs today (of 10 total). Probably going to move some snow around and patch up what they can, but there's a lot of brown in the webcams. The 3 black diamond runs are all still open though - that side gets a tad less sun I think.

CalG

Out on the slopes
Pass Pulled
Jeesh! I hate (love) spring conditions in Feb.

Mostly because I know winter will come again, and I'll need to prepare for ANOTHER round of spring soft bumps in April! ;-)

Weather! She can be fickle.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I love spring skiing and I mean love. Give me some soft spring bumps all day long. However. It's still February so I'd like to resume the regularly scheduled program otherwise known as winter for just a little bit longer.

Tony

tseeb
Skier
-25C at the base where I skied today. Good thing they have a gondola with 3900' vertical as the last few days have been similar although not quite as cold.

Seve

Live Free or Die Baby
Skier
It was sunny and 64 at the base of Stowe yesterday so it was prime time spring skiing once things softened up. First time I've skied in shorts in February but worth it!!
Today it's 24 at the base and everything is frozen solid...NOT worth it.

chilehed

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Two weeks ago started four days of the best snow of the year, just as I came down with the flu. Now we've had a five days of warm rain, conditions stink, I still feel like crap AND I've got a brand new pair of Renoun Endurances waiting to be tried out. Man, I just can't catch a break this month!

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
Two weeks ago started four days of the best snow of the year, just as I came down with the flu. Now we've had a five days of warm rain, conditions stink, I still feel like crap AND I've got a brand new pair of Renoun Endurances waiting to be tried out. Man, I just can't catch a break this month!
Don't feel bad. Tahoe skiers cant catch a break either.
This February Sacramento, for the first time in history, got no rain.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Whitetail is looking like it's only got a short time left on the cams... very patchy, with rain and fog and no foreseeable cold temps. The season may be coming to an early close around here. :nono::( In a good year, we'll make it to the third weekend in March. I'd be surprised if it lasts that long this year.

This is one of the open runs :

kmc.jpg

Sponsor

Staff online